• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can Adwords Expenditure Affect Organic Listings?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ClickClick

ClickClick

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:12 AM

Is there any evidence that high Adwords spend can put you in Google's 'good books' and increase your natural listings? It wouldn't make much sense of course because it would most likely reduce your requirements for Adwords, but I have been told by somebody that this is the case.

Thanks

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,666 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:56 AM

At least according to Google, there is a wall between paid and organic results, and ad spend has absolutely no effect on organic ranking. I haven't seen any evidence that that isn't true.

However, I will say that if you spend enough on advertising, you at least are likely to have the opportunity to get information from your rep at Google. If something happens to your organic traffic, you may be able to get an idea of what's going on, whereas others will have no choice but to try to figure things out on their own. That's not a lot, but I've been told that it can be helpful in some situations.

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:01 AM

Aside from and in accordance with what Qwerty said, you need to pick/choose whom you have conversations with.

Also, my experience seems to be that if you sign up for adwords and get a rep assigned to assist those first 2 weeks, you might, just might get lucky and land one who is amenable to non-Adwords questions, including Places.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,479 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:51 AM

If it did ... Google would have to make it public knowledge under the FTC's "Full Disclosure" regulations of 'behavioral advertising'

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,737 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

I would say you should in the future take with a huge grain of salt anything that "somebody" tells you regarding search optimization. That individual has either been listening to bogus information, or they're susceptible to wacky conspiracy theories (or a bit of both). If they believe there's a link between PPC ad spend and organic search rankings, there's no telling what other misinformation they might have ready to pass along. :secret:

My :02:

--Torka :oldfogey:

#6 ClickClick

ClickClick

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 October 2013 - 07:07 AM

Yes that's what I thought. Thanks :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users