• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Blogger Individual Post Redirects ?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 NickVanHoeve

NickVanHoeve

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 October 2013 - 05:43 PM

Hi people, recently, I'm having a difficulties where my blog ranking went down, do I'm giving up on this domain and create a new domain, so, I create a new blog export and import all blog post to the new blog and make redirects where if visitors click on my post (on search engine) they will be redirected to my new blog. My problem is, how do I redirect them to the individual post? Like, clicking on the post in search engine will be redirected to my new blog straight to post. Help me? I've seen some people done this on their blog, but they never reply when I asked them. :'(

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 08:02 AM

If you're on Blogger (unless there have been big changes in the past few years), you can't create an .htaccess file, so you can't 301 individual posts.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 09:13 AM

Why did you give up on the blog and start a new one just because rankings went down on the old? Why not try to fix the original site? :dntknw:

If rankings went down because of issues with the content, moving the same content that caused the problem to a new location isn't going to help. :nah:

If rankings went down because of an unnatural link profile, when you redirect the old pages to the new via a 301 (assuming that's possible in your situation) you will also transfer the effect of that old (bad) link profile to the new site. So that won't solve your problem, either. :frustrate:

I'm confused as to what a new site is supposed to accomplish that the old one can't, when the new blog contains all the same content as the old one, and has all the old one's links redirected to point to it. :blink:

--Torka :propeller:

• Jill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!