• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Drop In Rankings, What Is The Reason?

Best Answer Jill , 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM

Yes that is what I would like to know! But without looking at the website, can the speed of the website have such a big impact on rankings?

Only if it's super-duper slow.

What do you mean by old fashioned SEO? Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

Old-fashioned SEO

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicuz

nicuz

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:13 AM

I have been working with a seo company do improve my rankigs. Everything went well for about 8 months, all the keywords went up slowly but surely.

I just received the report for September, and 90% of the keywords dropped in ranking. Some dropped a few places (from spot 85 to 89) some quite a few (from 19 to 116).

The SEO company told me it's because of the speed of the website (it doesn't load fast) and I should fix this issue.

We implemented Wordpress 3 months ago, and yes, the webiste is a bit slow, but how come we've seen an actual increase in rankings

after we implemented Wordpress for 2 months., and now in the 3rd month we're seing a drop in rankings?

Before I move my website to a faster server, I just want to make sure that the SEO company is right and it's the speed that't the issue, and not something else.

What do you guys think?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:29 AM

Impossible to say without taking an in-depth look at your site and analytics. Depends on what the SEO company was doing for you. If they were doing old fashioned SEO, then it's likely that's what hurt you. 

#3 nicuz

nicuz

HR 2

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:32 AM

Impossible to say without taking an in-depth look at your site and analytics. Depends on what the SEO company was doing for you. If they were doing old fashioned SEO, then it's likely that's what hurt you. 

Yes that is what I would like to know! But without looking at the website, can the speed of the website have such a big impact on rankings?

What do you mean by old fashioned SEO? Just want to make sure we're on the same page.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,928 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 08:41 AM   Best Answer

Only if it's super-duper slow.

Old-fashioned SEO

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!