• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Do You Some Blog Sites Not Allow Url Links?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 11:40 AM

I am on this one blog site, and within the editor, it has a link button, but when I publish the article, the link doesn't appear. Ive tried over and over, but to no avail. 

Do some sites just not allow you to put a link in the blog? If so, then why?

thanks.

#2 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 01:31 PM

One more question about blogging with SEO in mind, lets say I have a great article on the main site, and I want people on this blog site to visit this article. Should I take the whole article and paste is on this blog site, or should I just give the link for them to goto the site. Is this considered duplicate content? I have read where you don't want duplicate content coming up in google.

thanks.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 11:48 AM

Link to it and explain why it's of value for the reader to click over and read it.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,108 posts

Posted 28 September 2013 - 12:20 PM

One more question about blogging with SEO in mind,

The best answer to that is don't

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 08:43 AM

And to answer your first question, yes, there are some blogs that won't allow you to put a link in a posted article. The reason is because so many SEO spammers will post low-value articles just to get a link in pointing to their own website in the mistaken belief this will help with "SEO."

(Hint: posting articles -- whether or not they include links -- on free-for-all article sites masquerading as "blogs" is a waste of time. If the blog where you're posting isn't your own, or isn't moderated by a vigilant editor or webmaster who reviews and edits your articles before they publish them, then it's not worth your time.)

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

#6 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 03:14 PM

The best answer to that is don't

This makes no sense, and I really think you are giving me false information...

And to answer your first question, yes, there are some blogs that won't allow you to put a link in a posted article. The reason is because so many SEO spammers will post low-value articles just to get a link in pointing to their own website in the mistaken belief this will help with "SEO."

(Hint: posting articles -- whether or not they include links -- on free-for-all article sites masquerading as "blogs" is a waste of time. If the blog where you're posting isn't your own, or isn't moderated by a vigilant editor or webmaster who reviews and edits your articles before they publish them, then it's not worth your time.)

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

Thank you, I always value your replies, You really know your stuff :)

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,009 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 05:52 PM

This makes no sense, and I really think you are giving me false information...

Blogging for SEO is absolutely not what you're supposed to do. Chrishirst was providing you with correct information.

You blog because you want your target audience to find more information about you and to know you're an expert in what you do. Any SEO benefit is secondary. SEO is NOT the goal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!