• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Drastic Drop In Visits From Safari

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Poli

Poli

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 03:51 AM

Hello, about a week in this part, according to Analytics, a site that we manage has lost about 10% of daily visits, decreasing from 100,000 to 90,000.

Investigating the data offered by Analytics we noticed that the decline was concentrated among people who use Safari on desktop.

It all started between Wednesday 19th and Friday 20th September. There have been no recent changes to the site or the servers, everything is unchanged for months.

Has anyone else noticed the same anomaly on other sites? Is there been some update to Safari that is no good for Analytics?

Thanks

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 05:40 AM

I'm not aware of any issues like that, and I just searched for references to issues with desktop Safari in the past month and found nothing.

I know there was a problem with Safari on iOS6 not sending referrer data, so all mobile Safari traffic was reported as direct instead of referred from searches, but that can't be what you're experiencing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.