• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Multiple Websites For The Same Brand

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 lillykerpilly

lillykerpilly

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 05:18 AM

Hello,

I have been attempting to redesign and implement SEO on the main website for a business owned my a relative of mine and haven't had a lot of success. I believe this may be because (in addition to the fact that I am a beginner at SEO) they have several other websites for the same brand selling the same product (furniture removals). Each of these websites is for a different town and none of these are doing particularly well in the search engine results. 

Will their main website which I am working on be down ranked because of these additional websites? Or does it not matter?

I would really appreciate some clarity in this so I can start blaming myself or get rid of these sites!

Thanks

Priscilla

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,695 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 08:03 AM

If these sites are all pretty much the same except for the name of the city, that's probably hurting you. In fact, it would probably be a problem if it was all one site with each city getting its own page if the only difference between two of those pages was the city name.

You need to have something unique to say about each location. If not, you're better off with one page that just lists the areas the business services.

#3 lillykerpilly

lillykerpilly

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 September 2013 - 09:35 PM

Thank you very much for the reply. 

They are the same in that they are about the same thing: same company, same product features etc. However the way it is worded and formatted is very different between the two sites and the main website has a lot more overall content. 

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 07:00 AM

Will their main website which I am working on be down ranked because of these additional websites?

Yes, there's a good chance it's causing the problems. 

#5 lillykerpilly

lillykerpilly

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2013 - 10:23 PM

Thank you all very much for the information, I will advise my relatives to take these additional webpages down. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.