• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Blogging With Links.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 10:56 AM

I have a quick question, I think I know the answer, but I just wanted to ask it to make sure.

Lets say I am working on a Blog, and I have 2 keywords that I want to incorporate into the actual blog itself.

My first keyword is placed after 135 words and then I link it back to my website to one of the pages that has some information

about what I am talking about. Do i always want to link back to my website? Is that what my true aim is here?

Thanks allot for any information :)

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,641 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:46 PM

Ideally, the blog is part of your site, so this link would be an internal one. But it's really not as formulaic as what you're describing. I have no idea where you got this 135 word demarcation. You put a keyword where it makes sense in the context of the rest of the page. And you link if and only if you have something relevant to link to, but if you do, the link and its anchor text will say something about the page you're linking to.

Your true aim should be to create useful, interesting content that people want to read, to build up the authority of your site, to make it easy to find by people who are searching for what you have to offer, to gain visitors and to convert visitors into customers.

#3 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

Thanks qwerty, 

I read somewhere that you should place your keywords within the first 200 words. What do you think about that? Does it matter if the keywords are in the first 200 words? 

Also, I wanted to ask about "Guest Blogging" . 

Is that basically where I would go google "niche blogging", and then start making useful post leaving my site as a reference? 

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,061 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:37 PM

You need to stop reading where ever it is that you're reading. Keywords don't go in any particular number of words. And guest blogging is not an SEO issue, but a way for people who read other blogs to receive your information. 

#5 brdlands2

brdlands2

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 04:05 PM

You need to stop reading where ever it is that you're reading. Keywords don't go in any particular number of words. And guest blogging is not an SEO issue, but a way for people who read other blogs to receive your information. 

Thanks Jill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!