• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Webmaster Tools; Content Keywords

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 seocoffee

seocoffee

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:52 AM

I am looking at Content Keywords within Webmaster tools, and I have some questions about the data.

1) The number one Keyword Significance is 100% and Occurrences is 216. What does this mean? 

2) Then there is variants encountered, its giving me the main keyword and then it gives me a word that doesnt exist, it looks like a mistake. This is not a word. It the main keyword root word with a "s" on the end of it. This makes no sense.

3) Next, it says "Google found the keyword "YoYo Players" (I made that up, lol!) and its variants on these top pages:"

It then gives me Top URLS, it's listing about 8 of them. I understand this, it's just telling me what's on the pages as far as the keyword.

My questions are in points 1 and 2.

Cheers.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,774 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 06:01 AM

Occurences are, guess what, the number of times the word occurs in the documents that Google have indexed.

Significance is how significant (important, representative, relevant) that word appears to be to the documents on your URLs based on the number of times it appears.

For the "experts" reading this It is the word COUNT not the word density

Variants are,  ..  well variations of the root word, so 'allowed' could have variants of 'allowing', 'allows' and so on.

For the "experts", it does NOT mean that Google is using LSI, Stemming and all the other fanciful ideas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!