• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Double Quotes (") And Single Quotes (')

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 22 September 2013 - 07:42 PM

Do search engines look at the face of a page and interpret the text or in the case where entities are used will they look at the character set such as " and see it as a double-quote or read it the entity/character set?

Do they see "I'm hungry" as "I'm hungry" or as something like:

"I'm hungry"

"I'm hungry"

I'm not sure why they would, but need to verify this for a project

I'm hungry"

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

They see the quotes.  

#3 RyanWatson

RyanWatson

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 08:05 AM

Jill, I also believe that Google crawler can read the quotes as they are but does it take any meaning of quotes.

Sometimes people do use it for any particular reason like if the content is somebody's spoken words so that content is mentioned in the quotes and followed by the person's name. If that content is a review, criticism or any other short phrase people are using, they make it in quotes. Sometimes people do provide the source link, sometimes they don't.

My question is "Does Google understands that this particular content is copied and should not be checked for duplicacy?" or it just take it as the normal content on the page. I would appreciate the :help:...

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,913 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 09:59 AM

My question is "Does Google understands that this particular content is copied and should not be checked for duplicacy?" or it just take it as the normal content on the page. I would appreciate the :help:

Google doesn't care if there are words here and there that are also on other pages. It's only when entire pages are copied (for the most part) where it becomes a problem.

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,586 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 08:04 AM

Think about it: if Google dinged pages for every little scrap of duplicated content, nobody could ever quote Shakespeare or the Bible or Albert Einstein on a web page without risking the page being penalized. Even just inadvertent uses of common phrases might be a problem. That would be a really silly thing for Google to do.

--Torka :oldfogey:

#6 RyanWatson

RyanWatson

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 08:24 AM

Think about it: if Google dinged pages for every little scrap of duplicated content, nobody could ever quote Shakespeare or the Bible or Albert Einstein on a web page without risking the page being penalized. Even just inadvertent uses of common phrases might be a problem. That would be a really silly thing for Google to do.

That's funny..... :clapping: I just meant did it affect in any other way, thanks Jill for the help :victory:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!