• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

- - - - -

Sudden Traffic Drop That I Fix Temporarily

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shera1

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 10:23 AM

This has been an onging problem that I have been able to pinpoint to a hack in my wordpress site/theme.

I have also received warning notice from google" 

Search results clicks for [] have decreased significantly.

The number of clicks that your site receives from Google can change from day to day for a variety of factors, including automatic algorithm updates. However, if you have recently made significant changes to the content or configuration of your site, this change may be an indication that there are problems.

I have attached image of graph.

You can see my normal level of traffic going along ok... but still lower than its been last 3 years. Then it drops dramatically.

I spent a weekend in August creating a new data base, new folder and fresh clean install of Wordpress and themes. I don't remember if I used fresh plugins but I cant imagine not. You can see the traffic went back up almost instantly.. then dropped right down again.

It could also just be a coincidence but I doubt it...

The numbers are horrible and about 1/10 of what traffic was.

I rely heavily on the site for affiliate income. I have since started an adwords campaign to shore up but would still like to get my organic traffic back.

I know there are no easy answers.

I was going to try new fresh EVERYTHING again and even considering drastic step of a new domain on the chance that the domain has been penalized. 

Hoping fresh eyes and insight may offer some suggestions.

Thanks so much .

Attached Thumbnails

• traffic_change.jpg

Edited by Jill, 20 September 2013 - 10:44 AM.

#2 squidjam

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 11:42 AM

Let us know what, if anything, you find out. I'd be curious, as I had a similar, sudden traffic change I can't pinpoint and others have as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!