• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Am I Going To Lose My Ranking?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Soldierx

Soldierx

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 07:04 AM

Hi,

I bought a website about 6 months ago, SEO was done on it about 2 years ago. At the moment I am still high ranking in most of the keywords I want. There has been no SEO done on it for 2 years but now I am starting to worry about my ranking. It hasn't dropped yet but is it possible that it will start dropping soon? I am not sure why its still high ranking but I am worried that if I start SEO on it now, it will firstly have a negative effect and I will never get back to the ranking I was. I just want to leave it but I am not sure if this is the best thing to do.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:10 AM

I'm not sure I understand. The site is doing well, and you're worried that not making changes could hurt it, but you're worried that making changes could hurt it?

Are there actual changes you think should be made, or are you just thinking there need to be changes for the sake of change, even though you're concerned that changes might ruin everything?

#3 Soldierx

Soldierx

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:25 AM

Since I am not doing any SEO on it, wouldn't it be very easy for some competitors who are doing SEO, to overtake me in the rankings? I feel like I need to start doing SEO just to maintain my position. But I dont want to start doing SEO because I am worried it may have a negative effect.

I'm not sure I understand. The site is doing well, and you're worried that not making changes could hurt it, but you're worried that making changes could hurt it?

Are there actual changes you think should be made, or are you just thinking there need to be changes for the sake of change, even though you're concerned that changes might ruin everything?

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,588 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:23 AM

REAL SEO won't hurt your site. Making your site better for human visitors (which is what real SEO is all about) is never a bad thing. Why would you think making your site better should cause problems?

Honestly, any site owner worth their salt should be working to improve their site all the time. Real SEO isn't something you "do" for awhile and then stop. It's a continuous process of making your site easier to use and more informative.

(And while we're at it, why are you focusing on rankings as a measure of how well your site is doing? In this era of personalized ranking results, they're not terribly reliable as a measure of...well... much of anything. And you certainly can't use rankings to pay the bills. Focus on doing things to improve conversions, sales/leads and revenue, not rankings. Your efforts will be much more productive.)

A small suggestion: consider checking out our newbie tips to find out more about what real SEO entails...

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

• Jill likes this

#5 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:49 AM

Do you suppose that your competitors are sitting still while you are doing nothing?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!