• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Can One Site Have 2 Google Webmaster Accounts?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 seocoffee

seocoffee

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 10:24 AM

I am trying to add this site to googles webmaster tools, but when it comes to the verification part, it won't verify.

Is the fact that this site is already added to another google webmaster tools account? 

Do i need to ask the other person to remove the site from webmaster tools in order for mine to verify??

Need some help on this please, i cannot seem to find any helpful information on this just yet.

Cheers.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 02:37 PM

I've had no trouble verifying sites with multiple verification tags, so I don't think the fact that it's already connected to another account is the problem. Which verification method are you trying to use?

#3 seocoffee

seocoffee

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 18 September 2013 - 03:59 PM

I've had no trouble verifying sites with multiple verification tags, so I don't think the fact that it's already connected to another account is the problem. Which verification method are you trying to use?

I am using the very first verification method that google gives you. The method where you download a .html file, with a long name, then upload it to the web server, then click on the link or goto you domain.com/google.html, and then after that its supposed to be verified. I can see the file on the web server, its there. I also opened up the permissions to make sure that wasn't it. But that didn't fix it. 
The other methods to me are kind of risky. 
Like one alternative method they over for my hosting service is to add a record in dns. 
Is there is any risk in trying that method? I cannot loose rank some how if i do that right? 

I need to be very careful with this site, seeing as how someone sneezes on their site in google now and 
loose all ranking overnight, never to be seen again.

What would you do if you where in my shoes?

I guess i could add the meta tag, thats an option they give.

<meta name="google-site-verification"
 content="long file name"

Maybe this will work, could this impact my rankings seeing as how its above the title tag? 

Sounds like a dumb question, but now a days, i''l ask...

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:01 AM

No, there's no way a verification tag will have any effect on your rankings. But you may not even need to do that. It sounds like you uploaded the HTML file correctly, but attempted to verify it the wrong way. Go back to the page where you chose the verification method in Webmaster Tools and just click the Verify button.

#5 seocoffee

seocoffee

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 09:27 AM

No, there's no way a verification tag will have any effect on your rankings. But you may not even need to do that. It sounds like you uploaded the HTML file correctly, but attempted to verify it the wrong way. Go back to the page where you chose the verification method in Webmaster Tools and just click the Verify button.

I've tried to do exactly what you just said over and over and it just won't work.

Now that i know a meta tag won't effect my ranking, i am just going to verify it that way.

Surely, it will work then. Hopefully. 

My experience is this; 

Sometimes it just doesn't work the way its supposed to....lol!

#6 seocoffee

seocoffee

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 10:51 AM

Good News my friend: 

Congratulations, you have successfully verified your ownership of "meh site"

Now, on to the next thing...Thanks for your reassurance on this. It never hurts to ask and make sure.

Cheers.

#7 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 20 September 2013 - 09:16 AM

Glad to hear you've solved the problem. But, just out of curiosity, why did you need to add multiple accounts to the same site? Wouldn't it have been easier to give multiple users access to GWT for the site (especially as you can choose to give those other users restricted access if you wish)?

Mike

• Jill likes this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!