• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Russian Car Club...wtf...disavow It?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 09:14 PM

Ive got nice links to my site, all very organic yadda yadda.

Suddenly out pops a link from...check this....the Ukranian Japanese car club! I looked up the page with google translate and they are having a conversation about stuff in general that relate to my niche and someone links to me. Its all quite innocent to me, but SE's are, compared to humans, still a bit dumb and their algo's wont appreciate that people can have tangents in daily conversations.

Would you bother to disavow? My hunch is just let it be, I am sure Google is not that over zealous to over analyze that one link...

As usual I think that the key thing is that this one link does not form a pattern - therefore - im cool....right?

Also - my reading is to use GDisavow with a pinch of salt, i.e. use it when you absolutely must, or wouldya disagree with me?

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 10 September 2013 - 11:58 PM

You're probably better off spending your time focusing on improving your site(s) rather than on being a gatekeeper of who's linking to you, particularly if you've not gotten any warnings. 

#3 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,647 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:35 AM

As usual I think that the key thing is that this one link does not form a pattern - therefore - im cool....right?

Right

Also - my reading is to use [the disavow tool] when you absolutely must, or wouldya disagree with me?

Agree. For most sites, including yours I would think, it's very rarely if ever needed.

#4 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 04:20 AM

An interesting side note is that I started working with 2 blog categories on my site that will either potentially draw the wrath of G & co or possibly draw interest from stupid things leading to disavow. 

Spam and scams - I'm now regularly posting spam and scams that slip through the cracks (some intentionally) to the appropriate categories. I sort of wonder whether search engines will be smart enough to figure out that the intention is to identify and expose scams or interpret these categories themselves as spammy crap and dispatch my site to Pluto. 

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,190 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 07:18 AM

You don't need to disavow anything unless you receive an unnatural links warning. I have tons of stupid spam linking to my site and wouldn't dream of wasting my time with disavowing them. 

If you're not the one getting them, then no worries. 

#6 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 08:18 AM

You don't need to disavow anything unless you receive an unnatural links warning. I have tons of stupid spam linking to my site and wouldn't dream of wasting my time with disavowing them. 

If you're not the one getting them, then no worries. 

That's good to know. I guess I just wanted some direction with the best course of action.....

thanks

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,516 posts

Posted 19 September 2013 - 11:08 AM

still a bit dumb and their algo's wont appreciate that people can have tangents in daily conversations.

Actually that's EXACTLY the kind of thing they do 'understand' and is PRECISELY the kind of links they hope to find.

It's quite possibly THE most "valuable" link your URLs have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!