• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Servers And Seo

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 CNCARex

CNCARex

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 12:21 PM

Our website is set on a load balancer where it is on supposed to sync back and forth between 2 servers (i.e. -Server 1 and Server 2).

I noticed that there are times when the servers are not in sync. Server 1 has an updated version of the website and Server 2 has the older version that does not match Server 1.

I made an update to our website and asked a co-worker to check out the changes that I made on her end. She said she didn't see the changes that I made and we ruled out clearing cache, history, etc... We then found out that I was seeing our website on Server 1 and she was seeing the old version of the website on Server 2. It took over an hour for Server 2 to sync with Server 1.

My Question: If users are seeing two different versions of our website due to our servers not being in sync...does Google see this too and is this considered duplicate content? Does it hurt us that our servers are not syncing automatically in real-time and two different versions are being produced?

I'm not familiar with load balancers and how it affects SEO.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,547 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:23 PM

Well, if Google were to request a URL you had recently updated, see the updated version, and then come back before the other server caught up, request the same URL and see the old version of the page, that would definitely not be duplicate content. It would be one page that, from Google's perspective, changed twice in a day. Duplicate content would be pretty much the opposite of that: the same content on more than one URL.

If your servers are catching up to each other within the few hours and you're not a news site that gets crawled many times a day, I doubt this is anything to worry about.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!