• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Seo Tactics For A Business Page That Doesnt Change.

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 pdp1

pdp1

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Hi all,

Very new to SEO. One of the most overwhelming comments I see in ranking high with google is to continually create rock solid content. How is this possible however when my business page never has content added as it is just that - a business page and not a blog.

Unsure if never changing anything or adding content will have a negative effect.

Also, has anyone had success in creating a personal website to gain authority in a certain field and then linked it back to their business profile which offer the services at a cost ? Confused about how I should set this up.

Thanks in advance.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:10 PM

What's a business page and how does it differ from any other web page?

And what is stopping you from creating a blog with regularly updated content for your target market?

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:04 AM

Pdp1, it's a common misunderstanding when someone is new to SEO to think Google is asking you to redo your entire site.  You do not have to rewrite your business website copy every week :)  Like Jill said, Google is looking for fresh content in some form. 

Usually a blog or an article library on your site will do the trick.  If your business does things that are pressworthy, you could publish press releases every so often.  If you have new services that you add to your business, putting pages about those individual services on your site would be new content. 

There are lots of ways to make it happen.

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 06:43 PM

One of the most overwhelming comments I see in ranking high with google is to continually create rock solid content. How is this possible however when my business page never has content added as it is just that - a business page and not a blog.

Not updating every hour/day/week/month/year doesn't seem to hurt Wikipedia.

#5 pdp1

pdp1

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 09:51 PM

Appreciate the advice all.

I am not sure I can add a blog to the business page, however I have a personal blog in the same field.. could I somehow link this the the business website?

Thanks for the assistance. 

#6 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 07:03 AM

Well, you don't add a blog to a page.  You connect a blog to your site.  From what I know, as long as it's on the same domain, you'll be good.  www.YourSite.com/blog

#7 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 03 September 2013 - 09:07 AM

If you link to/from your main website, it doesn't even have to be on the same domain. Could be, or it might be on a subdomain or it could be on another domain entirely. (In other words, if it's already on another domain and getting some traction in terms of visitors and engagement, don't waste a lot of time changing it to your main site domain. Just link to/from in a reasonable manner and you should be OK.)

My company has a blog on a separate domain from that of our main website. (Well, actually our "main website" is itself made up of two domains and a subdomain, but that's another story for another day.) We link back and forth among all the domains, have done so for about 10 years, no problems so far. Traffic is/has been steady on the main site through all the Penguins and Pandas and other black-and-white animals, and is steadily increasing on the blog.

My :02: and personal experience... YMMV.

--Torka :propeller:

Edited by torka, 03 September 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#8 dharrison

dharrison

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

Hi pdp1

How much control do you actually have over your business page?  Are you saying that your entire website is just one page, or is it an entry in a business directory, for example yell.com?

If it is a one page website, then should easy to add additional pages with good content or implement a blog.  If however, it is a similar business page or directory, then get a website that you can control and add good content to it. 

I hope this helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.