• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Rapid Drop In Serps After Rapid Climb

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 davejand

davejand

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 August 2013 - 06:36 PM

Hi Everyone, I am trying to get to the bottom of an anomaly in the rankings for one our targeted keywords. I work for a company that has had a website for about 7 years but started doing consistent SEO a year ago. We use AuthorityLabs to monitor our SERPs rankings and have been steadily improving for our targeted keywords. However, there are a few keywords that we rank so low on, AuthorityLabs doesn't even register our positions for them. This past Saturday I checked AuthorityLabs and saw that we all of a sudden ranked 13th for a keyword that AuthorityLabs has never registered a ranking for. Unfortunately by Monday, we dropped off the charts again.

There were no changes made to our site over those couple days. I know rankings fluctuate but I am wondering if anyone can shed any light on our rapid climb, followed by our rapid descent? Thanks 

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

And how was your traffic for that phrase?

#3 davejand

davejand

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 August 2013 - 11:43 AM

Hi Jill,

Overall, we have seen a slight increase in traffic from that phrase over the past month and half. Before that it was fairly steady. The day we dropped in the rankings and the following day our traffic dipped. It's recovered the past two days. I'll continue to monitor it. Thanks - Dave. 

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,956 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 08:52 AM

Also, does that keyword even result in any conversions? If not, you may be needlessly worrying yourself over the whole situation.

#5 Graham

Graham

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 06:26 AM

It's probably just due to a keyword search matching what your page has to offer.  The search engine most likely sent a search query your way, probably a long tail keyword.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!