• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Website Is Fully Index Already Or Should I Wait?

Best Answer qwerty , 21 August 2013 - 05:23 AM

It depends on your definition of "properly." You're talking about sitelinks -- additional links that appear below a main listing (usually your home page). They only show up when the algorithm determines that the searcher is probably looking for your site. You may be very relevant to a search on ABC, but would the general public think that ABC is you and pretty much only you?

If you want ABC to mean you the same way ABC.com apparently does, it's up to you to market your site so that happens. That's not accomplished through the use of a sitemap. It's good old fashioned branding.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hello,
Let say my website is "ABC" if I search "ABC.com" on google it will provide homepage with the webmaster links and the rest of the sitemap. But if I search with "ABC" it will only show just the homepage, no webmasters link or the rest of the sitemap. Why is that? my website is almost 6 month old although I just verify my google webmaster tool ownership today, not sure if that can cause the reason to not index properly? Lastly my website provider offers an automatic sitemap creation and feeds all my new content to google so I never touch anything except verify the ownership today.

I just want my links to be shown properly just like other people.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,615 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:23 AM   Best Answer

It depends on your definition of "properly." You're talking about sitelinks -- additional links that appear below a main listing (usually your home page). They only show up when the algorithm determines that the searcher is probably looking for your site. You may be very relevant to a search on ABC, but would the general public think that ABC is you and pretty much only you?

If you want ABC to mean you the same way ABC.com apparently does, it's up to you to market your site so that happens. That's not accomplished through the use of a sitemap. It's good old fashioned branding.

#3 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:11 PM

What would you recommend the common basic steps I should take to get close or have this happening?

#4 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,615 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:41 PM

It's not really about making this happen. You're not doing the work of branding in order to get sitelinks to show up for more searches. You're doing the work of branding in order to grow and promote the business, and one of the results of having a well-established brand is that your site is going to show up, often with sitelinks, when people run a wider variety of searches than just your domain name.

So how do you build up your brand? That's a lot of work and it takes time. You need to provide a great service at a fair price. Impress your customers so they'll talk about you in a positive way. Get yourself into the news. Build up the informational value of your website. If it's a local business, get active in the community. Read books on marketing and do the work.

#5 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 03:09 PM

Hello,

I see, thanks for the information.

Currently there is one thing that we're doing which is whenever our products arrive, we make sure our website shop will always have it listed, so the website shows activity and not just sitting there. And when I have the time, I make posts to my same niche forum with the link back of the new arrived products on a post. As for prices, customer service we provide all of that the best possible rate Currently with community, I'm still researching and finding more & more forums within my niche, I mean since we're electronic accessories seller, its hard or we can't find any that are mainly electronic accessories forum so we look directly for electronic discussion forum, and we focus on the accessories section for each electronic we sell to attract customers with a linkback to the direct electronic product accessories. As with all of this, would you have anything else you think I should add on to improve the branding of our website?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!