• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Current Seo Strategy, Let Me Know If I Should Continue Change/stop

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 12:47 AM

Hello,
Currently below is my SEO strategy for my website. My website is about selling accessories, so its an shop only, but products are newly added every 2-3 days or are bare minimum weekly, so does gets updated.

1.) I look for forums related to my niche make posts or thread with my accessories, making sure it applies with the forum, I make limited amount of post per forum per day to make sure I'm not abusing the forum or the system. But every single one of my post will contain a linkback to my shop. Now here's my question for this strategy, once I keep posting on forums, after months or times later, I might provide the same backlink to my store, I mean the same exact URL, but in different thread/post but in same forum, would that be consider abusing? or its fine as once posts forum there is no way to keep track if the link is used before, instead I post what's helpful relevant to the thread or in my thread. But I'm assuming this doesn't happen every often, maybe 1-30 or 1-50. Then what limit posts per forum would you recommend to stay at per day? that way I'm not abusing the forum or the system. Every single one of my account in those forum will have posts with a linkback, not that they're a spam but I focus on relevant post and accepts linkback, would that be ok? as it will keep going by daily, 2-3 days or weekly.

2.) This strategy I haven't done yet, not sure how it will work but I gotta learn. I will look for blog websites, talk to the owner see if they allow linkback to my website if I make a blog comment on their website.

3.) Same as #2, haven't tried. I will look for article websites, make an article, then a linkback to my website. Question is, any specific areas I need to focus on for linkback?

Lastly I want to learn abut keyword training and how would I start off or works.
Thank you and appreciate for all your time.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,625 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 05:17 AM

Your strategy is likely to 1. get you a lot of links that are nofollow by default and 2. get the people running those forums to distrust you.

If these forums are really well related to your niche, you're probably better off building relationships with the community, demonstrating your knowledge and interest, without trying to get links out of it for quite a while. Give the people there a reason to believe in you. You don't have to deny that you're promoting your site, but you want them to understand that your site exists because you're like them -- you care about this stuff. After some time you can occasionally include a link where it's particularly relevant, while continuing to participate in a way that demonstrates actual interest. Anything less than that and (if the forum is of any value at all), you're just going to be labeled as a jerk who's there to spam the place.

Everything you're suggesting here -- the forum links, the blog comment links, and the guest posts -- is about links that you're inserting onto a site yourself. The search engines know how easy it is for you to do that, so they're not particularly interested in such links. They want your site to be good enough that other people will choose to link to you.

• Jill likes this

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Exactly as Chris said. This sounds similar to a Twitter strategy of constantly posting links back to your site without building up relationships first. Give people some genuine reason to trust, help with problems, build a dialogue - don't just annoy them by attaching your 'about me' signature to close the deal.

Same with LinkedIn tech groups. It's easy to read the folks who are out there to do something genuine vs the ones who do little but promote their sales pitch.  In a word - balance.

#4 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 11:00 AM

Hello,

Great thank you so much for the advice.@ "HR 10" regarding to my forum post strategy you said a lot of those linkb ack to my website in the forum post will be nofollow meaning no ranking improvement to google or seo purposes. I did a little research on nofollow & dofollow definition, it seems that providing a keyword as the anchor text link helps turns a link become dofollow.

Regarding to the forum niche, its actually near 100% match my niche, for example their niche is just plain talking about computers, different types such as hp, dell and on. But our website is about computer accessories such as battery, charger etc... once in a while there making threads like "what hp battery should we buy" then I go posting on those threads as it matches my accessories perfectly and it is content that will help the thread owner.

So overall you recommend stop doing these link back on every single one of my forum post, instead make the same type of helpful posts but take the link out instead built an relationship with the people in there even though their main interests is just talking about computer while accessories is just a little part of their talking. Then maybe once in a while such as 1 out of 20 posts I can include link back.

Regarding to blog comments, article site what are your recommendation to grow seo within them?

Lastly I want to know training an specific keyword result page have to be in any of my keyword meta tag? can it just be just part of my title tag of the homepage, because usually the best is in the title and how many keyword do you recommend to train per website every time?

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,979 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 01:22 PM

I did a little research on nofollow & dofollow definition, it seems that providing a keyword as the anchor text link helps turns a link become dofollow.

That's completely false. I believe you must have misunderstood what you read. There's no way to turn a nofollow link into one that passes PageRank.

Regarding to blog comments, article site what are your recommendation to grow seo within them?

They are also useless.

Please read "Why Google Ignores Links You Place Yourself" for more information.

#6 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

Hello,

Thanks for the information, guess the research website I found about no & do follow information was false. So basically any type of link back, if its submitted by you, doesn't matter where (forum, blog, etc..) they will be consider no result, ranking to our website. Does that mean all the forum posts I've done above is pretty much all useless?

@ Jill what would you recommend the steps I should take right now so I'm going completely the wrong path.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,979 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 07:21 AM

Does that mean all the forum posts I've done above is pretty much all useless?

In terms of links, yes. 

Jill what would you recommend the steps I should take right now so I'm going completely the wrong path.

Read the entire article linked to above and the article linked within it about having something worth linking to, as well as my other blog posts in the linking category. 

#8 topthisfact

topthisfact

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 01:58 PM

Yup I read the article you posted yesterday, as well as signing up for the twice monthly newsletter to maximum my learning. Although it looked like your whole article was mentioning training "inbound links" meaning links linked only one way to our website only from another website, but it must be done from another IP/person for google to be consider it a do follow link. I was wondering if you have any more tips on top of having people submitting links for us, as that's kind of challenging and takes time so I'm trying to do multiple things at once while training our brand to gain loyalty and trust.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,979 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:47 PM

I was wondering if you have any more tips on top of having people submitting links for us

People submitting links for you? That's not how it happens.

As we've been trying to tell you, first you need something worth linking to. Then you need to get the word out about that something to those that would care. 

If you don't have the time, there are plenty of companies that can help you create compelling, link-worthy content and also help you promote it. 

#10 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,015 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Links go from URL to URL, NOT 'site to site'

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the