• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

About A Backlink In Delicious.com

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 tirengarfio

tirengarfio

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 05:00 AM

Hi,

I have added a site to delicious.com some months ago because I have read is a good place to add backlinks.

I expected to find the delicious link in the list of backlinks, but it is not there...any idea? how can I know if the backlink in delicious is counting?

Edited by Jill, 20 August 2013 - 06:51 AM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,774 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 06:51 AM

It's nofollow so it doesn't pass PageRank. 

#3 tirengarfio

tirengarfio

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 07:01 AM

thanks, where can I publish good do-follow links?

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,550 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 08:55 AM

Before Chris gets here and has a conniption: technically, there's no such thing as "do-follow" links. Links that aren't "nofollow" are just plain old links. :)

And in any case, Google is working hard to make it so you can't publish "good" links about yourself. Good links are ones that other people publish about you. See, a link is supposed to be a "vote" for your website, indicating that others have found it to be a useful, worthwhile resource.

Any link that you can publish yourself without any editorial review by anyone other than you is not going to get you very far. Any you-published links on quality websites are going to be nofollow. Any link-publishing opportunities that aren't nofollow will likely be on sites that have little to no "link juice" to pass in the first place (because they've already been overrun by spam links from people looking to "publish good do-follow links" for themselves).

If you want good links that pass PageRank, make your website an excellent resource. Make it something that other people will want to link to. Maybe you've got information that nobody else has, or you present the information in a particularly interesting and entertaining way. If it's a sales site, perhaps you offer products that others don't, or your products are at very favorable prices, or your site is particularly easy to navigate so people can easily find just what they're looking for. Or maybe your product descriptions are funny, snarky, stuffed with bad puns -- loaded with personality in some way. Or you offer incredibly useful product reviews and test results. Whatever. The point is, your site has to offer something worthwhile, something that sets it apart from all the zillions of other websites out there.

Then you engage in basic Marketing 101. Get the word out. Let other people know you exist. Entice them to visit your site. Engage your visitors and customers. Ask them, if they like your site, to help get the word out to others. Offer superior customer service. (You might be surprised by how often people write blog posts about companies that go "above and beyond" in their customer relations.) Ask people to review your products or services.

It doesn't take a lot of links to get ahead. It really just takes a few good ones. And the really good ones are NOT the ones you place yourself.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

#5 tirengarfio

tirengarfio

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 August 2013 - 10:19 AM

Thanks for your response, it is usefull! In my case Im starting to create websites for local companies in my 80.000 people town. I think (almost) nobody is going to create backlinks in the way you say to these websites. Anyway there are other companies in the ranking before mine websites. The first of them in the ranking is made enterely with flash! (so the content can not be read), so I suppose the backlinks they created are counting and would count also for me..but I want to heard your opinion.

Edited by Jill, 21 August 2013 - 04:13 AM.

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,550 posts

Posted 21 August 2013 - 10:42 AM

If you think about it, it's probably easier to get good links for websites in a smaller town than in a big city, because the business owners tend to know each other. Networking among complimentary (not competing) businesses can be an excellent way to get good links.

The shoe store and the shoe repair shop can trade links, because people who love their shoes will also probably be interested in maintaining and repairing those shoes. The lunch-and-dinner restaurant and the bed-and-breakfast or the local hotel can cross-promote each other to their guests, because visitors to town who eat breakfast are also likely to want to eat lunch and/or dinner. The car wash and the auto mechanic can refer their customers each to the other, because people who like to take care of their car's mechanical systems will probably also want to take care of their car's appearance. The TV repair shop and food shops that deliver (pizza, Chinese food, etc), can run a themed ad campaign on each other's sites centering around the Super Bowl (or whatever the big sports event is where ever you are) because people want to watch the big game on TV and tend to order in food for their game-day celebrations.

The possibilities are literally almost endless once you start looking for cross-promotional opportunities.

It's exactly the kind of thing that local businesses have done for generations in the "real world," just translated into the online world. It can (and does) work like a champ.

--Torka :propeller:

• Jill likes this

#7 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,442 posts

Posted 22 August 2013 - 05:38 PM

http://www.rightclic...cal-linking.php

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,