• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site Wide Penalty Question

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 11:33 AM

I have site about 9 years old with approx. 80 pages that had prior to panda performed very well in google searches. Now gone....

After readings Jills article on SEO killers and reviewing my articles I realized there is a serious issue with keyword stuffing.  In the last 3-5 weeks I have deleted about 20 thin pages and and began re-writting the articles left I want to keep.  So far even after several weeks re-written articles are no where to be found in the top 100 resuslts of google.  These are not highly competative keyword phrases. Using the site: operator in google it seems to take google a week to pickup on an updated article if this is an accurate method of tracking bot activity.

My question is could the remaining keyword stuffed articles be hurting me across the entire site and to this degree?  I plan on re-writting them all but just looking for a little light at the end of the tunnel.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,919 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:18 PM

My question is could the remaining keyword stuffed articles be hurting me across the entire site and to this degree? 

Yes, Google has stated that low-quality content on a site can bring down the entire site.

Also, even when you have cleaned up the entire site, don't expect any sort of miraculous traffic change to the site very quickly. Google will have to run its algorithms on your site over time. I don't believe that the Panda and Penguin filters are re-run on an ongoing basis.

#3 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 02:56 PM

Thank you very much for your response and info on this site.  I still have a plan and process to complete then.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!