• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Dynamic Page. Make The Meta Tags Dynamic Too?

Best Answer Jill , 06 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

I don't see why it would be a problem to change it, but you might want to find something more generic if it's going to change every day. "See The Event Calendar for Up-to-date Info About ______"

That would probably make more sense as Google's not always as up to date as you might hope.

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jules

jules

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 12:44 PM

Hi helpful experts.

Creating new city pages for our events website. 

The content on the page will change - database driven dynamic event listings for the next 6 months for that city.

Thinking of the description tag -- I want to list the top events there - which will get rotated out as the event passes.

Or we can keep it simple and just make it the "city, state and event types..."

Once a page has been indexed and crawled, should title, description change?  Is it harmful for pages like this to have changing meta tags depending on the listed content? 

Brain hurts.

:frustrate: 

Thanks!

Julie

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 01:06 PM

It's fine to have dynamically changing Meta descriptions. However, you don't want them to be just a bunch of keywords. You need to come up with some marketing statements for each section or category or level of the site that will work with substituting whatever the specific words you want to dynamically insert.

See my meta description article for more on what should be in one and how and when it's used by Google. 

• jules likes this

#3 jules

jules

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:39 PM

I thank you & will bookmark your article to read asap.

OK, we understand this, our plan is to dynamically change page content as our database of events gets updated (which happens daily) and also to change the title/description to complement and match the changed page content.

So, I want to make sure, you're are saying it is not a problem to regularly change the title/description for already indexed pages (that's the main conceren). 

Many thanks!

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,863 posts

Posted 06 August 2013 - 03:41 PM   Best Answer

I don't see why it would be a problem to change it, but you might want to find something more generic if it's going to change every day. "See The Event Calendar for Up-to-date Info About ______"

That would probably make more sense as Google's not always as up to date as you might hope.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!