• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Is The Difference Between Pr And Serp And How Does It Apply To E

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 frustratedinks

frustratedinks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:59 PM

I run a online ecomerce store, with that being said I have a few questions that I hop some experts can help me with.

PR (ie PR0 - PR9) what does it mean to a Ecommerce wesbite and is there a difference between PR and SERP with a ecommerce website

My understnading of PR is it means "page rank" and SERP "search engine results page"

I run a small business and am just trying to get more traffic to my website. Everyone says on page seo my problem is i sell over 900 different products Its impossible to optimize seo for the domain name when I ahve different products.

I am not going to list my site here if some one is willing to help me with this I will send my site to them and they can judge what I am doing (right or wrong)

If anyone out there can do any REAL SEO or can help me with getting higher SERP. I would welcome a message.

My website current rankings as of today

Alexa Global 244,232
Alexa US 86,136
Google index 1870
Bing Index 1200
Moz PA 31
Moz DA 32
Traffic Last 28 days 5,828
Search refferals 4,947 92.1% google 3.3% bing 2.2% yahoo
Link Refferals last 28 days 2522 

Again If anyone has some REAL Serp or SEO Insights PLEASE feel free to message me.....

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,439 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:45 AM

PR (ie PR0 - PR9) what does it mean to a Ecommerce wesbite and is there a difference between PR and SERP with a ecommerce website

A: It means nothing at all

B: The two are not connected

Why We Say PageRank or Rankings Don't Matter

Alexa Global 244,232
Alexa US 86,136
Google index 1870
Bing Index 1200
Moz PA 31
Moz DA 32

All of those are completely useless 'metrics' and can be ignored totally. (Especially the last two!!)

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 07:59 AM

PR does stand for Page Rank, but it's what we jokingly refer to as "toolbar page rank."  The type of page rank you would be able to see/calculate is enormously inaccurate and not kept up to date. 

SERP is simply the search engine results page. In other words, when you type a query into Google (the blank search box) the next screen you see with 10 search engine results is the search engine results page.  This has nothing to do with getting rankings.  It's just the page that displays the results after someone does a search.

• frustratedinks likes this

#4 frustratedinks

frustratedinks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 08:44 AM

Thank you for the great insight.  So if PR and SERP are on related.  What are key ways to improve SERP?  Without stating the obvious and have done hundreds of hours of on page SEO with my website.  What else is ther to higher SERP.   I have heard a thousand times that "KEYWORDS" dont matter anymore, and that "Keyword Phrases" are what matters now.  
How does this relate to a e-commerce website with  multiple products, does the homepage or domain name need to be optimized for a "keyword phrase" and every subsequent product page or category need to be optimized independantly for with respective "keywords phrases" related to that particular product? 

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,137 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:43 AM

See our tips for newbies.

#6 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

This isn't a valid question:

What are key ways to improve SERP?

You don't want to improve the search engine results page.  You want to improve the rankings of your own web pages.

What else is ther to higher SERP.

"What else is there to higher search engine results pages" also is not a valid question.  You need to stop using SERP and starting saying "rankings." 

(And read the articles Jill gave you a link for.)

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,137 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 01:12 PM

You need to stop using SERP and starting saying "rankings." 

I would disagree and say you need to start saying "targeted search engine traffic" not rankings. 

#8 frustratedinks

frustratedinks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 02:08 PM

I have read every article I could get my hands on including the ones above.  Thank you.

I guess I am just confused or cant find the right Knowledge to help me with Targeting search engine traffic. 

EVERYTHING I find has to do with PR or SERP Or SEO.

I beleive I have done all the on page seo i can, I have purchased every seo tool out there it seems I even got roped into the buying all these backlink building schemes.  

What I really need is a guide or a Mentor to show me what i am doing WRONG or RIGHT so I can increase my placement in search engine rankings. 

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,439 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

EVERYTHING I find has to do with PR or SERP Or SEO

Yes, that's because the SEO crap is about eight feet deep and the REAL SEO material is about an inch thick burried under it!

The articles linked earlier in the thread are WHAT you should read and learn from, just put all the trash about  SGB PR and rank checking behind you.

• frustratedinks likes this

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,137 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 09:58 PM

What I really need is a guide or a Mentor to show me what i am doing WRONG or RIGHT so I can increase my placement in search engine rankings. 

Hire an SEO consultant then. Nobody is just going to mentor you for free so that you can increase yout business. 

#11 frustratedinks

frustratedinks

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 August 2013 - 10:17 PM

Jill thank you for your blunt but un needed comment. I am not asking for free.  I believe I stated it in the quote below.  

I have purchased every seo tool out there it seems I even got roped into the buying all these backlink building schemes.  

I would hire a SEO Consultant however finding a consultant that is TRUSTWORTHY is like finding a keyword phrase in a haystack.  I believe

chrishirst

said it best above concerning the 8 feet of crap seo.

I am not stupid to this game I understand the basics of On Page seo, what I dont understand is getting the actual results of the seo I am doing, and if the Seo I am doing is to the good or bad.

I feel almost insulted by your comment.  This is a forum correct.  In forums you share your ideas you help others.  

You telling me "Nobody is just going to mentor you for free so that you can increase your business" (yes I fixed your speeling error) is a little, for lack of better words on the "mean" side.  

Are you a Goddess of SEO?  If so I would bet you didn't get there on your own, training, help from others and purchasing of guides and so forth.  

That is what I am asking for, Help from others, or a guide or correct training.... I am not asking to get it for free I am for it to be Trustworthy and end in results.

#12 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,137 posts

Posted 05 August 2013 - 06:59 AM

Then you haven't read the articles we pointed to, because they explain everything. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!