• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Question On Testing Search Retargeting And Click To Call

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 01 August 2013 - 09:59 AM

Hi- I want to test click to call and search retargeting. Should these be strained out into specific campaigns for each like I do with search ppc text, remarketing and or display or can they be added on.

So for example, the search retargeting added into the ppc text with the search retargeting and click to call extensions. I am already using site link extensions.   Let me know what you think.

Thanks, DJKay

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,596 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 08:18 AM

Personally, I'm a big fan of reducing the number of variables when testing. So I would be inclined to separate them out into their own campaigns. But perhaps that's just me...

--Torka :propeller:

#3 DJKay

DJKay

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 355 posts

Posted 02 August 2013 - 12:56 PM

So am I and I have done this when its say, separating a remarketing campaign vs a GDN campaign.  Even within GDN campaigns straining out campaign interests vs placements. 

Why I am not sure here is that when you set up search retargeting its seems like the only way to do it is off your standard ppc text campaigns and that if you set up two separate campaigns ppc txt vs ppc search retargeting  only your competing with your self.

Same thing with call extensions [click to call] vs plain old vanilla ppc text, you have two sets of ads, based off the same keyword phrase lists and or similar lists, so are you competing against yourself?

DJKay

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!