• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Which One Is Better For Seo In An Article? More Words In First Page Or

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bobbyusb

bobbyusb

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 10:43 PM

Hi there,

Supoose I have 2500 words in an article, which form helps my SEO better?

having 2500 words in one page

having about 500 words in each page and then the user shoudl click next to read another 500 words?

Thank you

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,718 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 10:10 AM

Not really a SEO concern at all.

Breaking up articles to multiple pages?

Lots of pages or one page with lots of content?

#3 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 26 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

My answer is off topic, somewhat, but there are some articles, some stats out there which discuss how much content, percent, # words, etc, that the average reader, reads. The longer the article, the higher the dropoff rate. With regard to read more pages, especially multiples, I'd imagine that this also factors in.  Not an SEO factor as Chris said.

For people to read a very long pages or multiple pages they have to want it really, really bad, bad enough to not get distracted by incoming SMS. I dread when my younger sister sends me James Joyce novels about her family.

The walking billboard blog page is a high velocity death trap.

Edited by bobmeetin, 26 July 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#4 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 02:54 AM

For people to read a very long pages or multiple pages they have to want it really, really bad

Not at all. If the article is well-written and is on a subject that will engage the reader's interest, then there's a good chance the reader will read it - even if they don't need to read it.

In that regard, whether the article is a single page or multiple pages is irrelevant. Better to focus on writing a compelling article that will grab the reader's attention and hold their interest.

Mike

Edited by Mikl, 27 July 2013 - 12:10 PM.

#5 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 27 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

Nothing to do with SEO but where usability is concerned it should be one page. Multiple page articles suck. 

#6 imexperttools

imexperttools

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 10:25 AM

^ Not entirely true. Multiple page articles have the following advantages:

- Make long articles easier to read, appear to be more friendly.

- Boost pageviews.

- Increase the conversion of ads on your site.

- ...etc,

So multiple-page articles are not entirely sucks (at least from the point of the site owner).

But, well, we are straying a bit from the original topic.

#7 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:18 PM

So multiple-page articles are not entirely sucks (at least from the point of the site owner).

I prefer to not have things suck from the point of view of the user. What the site owner thinks is pretty irrelevant if it's not what the user wants.

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 02:38 PM

- Boost pageviews.

Well it probably would, though "page views" is just another fairly useless and meaningless  'metric'.

#9 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 29 July 2013 - 09:46 PM

page views -->> ho hum.

should we do a poll? if presented with 2 evils, long articles and paginated paged articles, which does Joe the plumber prefer?  oops, it's nap time. :)

#10 newhat

newhat

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2013 - 12:09 PM

Just found this article - I am in the same boat. There is a realistic perspective.

More page views = more $$$ in many instances resulting from more ads, etc. That's not something to be dismissed.

I decided to go with one, even though I'm concerned about Google or other search engines reading the whole thing. Why?

(1) The articles are authoritative papers. You're either going to read it or not. This isn't a 2800 word review on a new mobile phone that most want to scan.

(2) Regarding SEO, I'll chance it with one page. Things have changed much since 5 years ago.

(3) Audience factor - my viewers are professional. Credibility is a very large issue. If I'm going to annoy people (like Jill) then they won't care to stay on the site. It will only thrive because of the respect for the audience catering to them in the manner which they prefer. So it's not even about SEs but about having my specific niche audience spread the word and link to the single article, not one page of a 5 page article.

I hope this provides some good insight from another perspective.

• Jill likes this

#11 chrishirst

chrishirst

• 7,718 posts

Posted 01 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

(3) Audience factor - my viewers are professional. Credibility is a very large issue

Shouldn't that be at No.1 on your list?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.