• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google Page Speed 'advice'

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 trishH

trishH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 04:07 AM

A few weeks ago I noticed on my AdSense Home page that Google were showing a ranking for Revenue Optimisation, site health and Google +.  Under site health it said that I had a page speed performance issue with my most popular page. 

Following this through I've taken what advice I can implement with my limited knowledge of HTML.  I've resized all images, and made Facebook/Twitter load asynchronously (if that's a word!). 

I'm now getting a score of 94 out of 100 (sometimes 97, presumably depending on demand on the server), but I've no way of knowing whether that's good or not.

So can I now relax and get on with writing content, or is 94 - 97 still a slow speed? 

#2 imexperttools

imexperttools

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:16 AM

Overall any score higher than 90 is okay and there is not much to worry about the speed of your site. And check your website by yourself, if you see that the loading speed is acceptable then it is okay to forget about that.

I assume that the remaining issue that you cannot fix due to limited knowledge of HTML is that they tell you to combine several css files into one, right? If you want, just hire a freelance or ask someone who know about HTML/CSS to do it for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!