• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Should I Use One Keyword Or Hope That Google Associates My Site With M

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 A1234

A1234

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 11:00 PM

I am starting a website about creative website ideas and obviously I would love for it to show up when someone types in website ideas. Should the individual blog posts be geared toward that keyword. Example: "WEBSITE IDEA: ...

This website idea is about... We hope you enjoy this website idea" or should I focus on using the words website idea, along with what the website idea is about and just hope my content is good enough that Google with associate the site with website ideas?. Basically, is it okay to have all of my blog posts involve the words "website idea" or should I just write the posts and add a few brief mentions of "website idea."

Sorry if this is hard to understand. I am having a hard time explaining what my question!

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,039 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'd suggest that you spend some time reading the Tips for New SEOs articles and dispel some of those ideas about SEO you seem to have.

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,989 posts

Posted 23 July 2013 - 09:02 PM

Only 1 or two pages of your site will show for the 1 one keyword phrase "website ideas." Therefore having the phrase on every page won't really make a difference.

That said, if that's what you're articles are about, then it's of course fine to label them that way.

#4 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 24 July 2013 - 08:40 AM

What Jill said, and also, I wouldn't hang all my ranking hopes on a single keyphrase.  Each blog post will give you a new opportunity to rank so take advantage of that.  When you do your keyword research, you'll likely find all sorts of suggestions for phrases that work within your website ideas theme.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!