• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Duplicate Content From Blog Rss Feed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bear1111

bear1111

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 10:24 AM

We have finally moved our blog from a .net to our normal site to get the benefit of the content. So all of our blog is now a part of our .com site. My question is, if I wan't to include an rss feed of portions of our blog on certain main pages of the site, will I be whacked for duplicate content?

For example let's say my site sells dog products. I have a section where I sell leashes. Within my site i have various blogs containing leash articles, information etc... I want this content to feed into my main leashes page so the content is always fresh etc...

Is this okay to do and can this help with my rankings in the long run?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 11:53 AM

Is this okay to do and can this help with my rankings in the long run?

It's okay to do if you think it will be beneficial to your users, but it has nothing to do with helping your rankings. 

#3 bear1111

bear1111

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:15 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I was under the impression (perhaps false one) that having fresh content on your main pages could help you in rankings. Keep in mind these are like shopping pages which typically have the same static content.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 12 July 2013 - 12:45 PM

You are correct that it was a false impression. All it does is keep the spider coming back more often. But it won't help your rankings to have an automated feed on pages. 

The same static content is perfectly fine on your eCommerce site. 

#5 bear1111

bear1111

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 09:30 AM

I think I'm going to do this just because having our relevent blogs on the main pages will draw people to the main blog in a more effective way. However, does this consitute as "duplicate content"? I'm essentially taking snippets of my blog (which is already a part of my .com domain) and putting them at the bottom of the shopping page. It will then link the the main blog post. Will I need to do anything further to avoid any problems? I have looked at the duplicate content sticky, but didn't seem to see this type of scenario.

Thanks,

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,958 posts

Posted 15 July 2013 - 04:28 PM

It shouldn't cause dupe content issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,