• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

My Site Mentioned In Wall Street Journal - But No Link...

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:34 PM

Do you think there is any benefit with having my URL written like http: // etc but there being no link?

I know a link would have been huge but in any event, do you think SEngines respect the non-linked URL to give a bit of respect?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:03 PM

Yes, it's a citation. 

#3 lister

lister

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:13 PM

That's great - I guess every little bit helps. I was reading one of your posts the other day and noticed something that stuck with me - that a primary SEO driver is trust! - That seems to be very obvious but it needs to be said....

With some much crap out there trust is clearly the main driver (IMO) - after all, why would Google send traffic to your site if they thought it was untrustworthy nonsense

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:29 PM

With some much crap out there trust is clearly the main driver (IMO) - after all, why would Google send traffic to your site if they thought it was untrustworthy nonsense

Well they used to, but with each update I believe that trust becomes more and more important. 

For anyone else reading, here's the Google trust article that Lister is talking about. 

#5 Martial Arts London ON

Martial Arts London ON

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Hey Lister,

this would be easy enough to determine. If you have received a mention from a major news outlet, just check your rankings the day or two after the mention is spidered by google - if there is a bump up in your rankings, then mentions do help, especially from high authority sites.

LMK if that does not make sense :-)

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:01 PM

That's not going to happen. 

#7 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:25 PM

More likely there will be a bump in direct traffic and traffic from branded searches -- lots of people saw a mention of the business, so some of them are going to want to check it out.

• Jill likes this

#8 Martial Arts London ON

Martial Arts London ON

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 03:26 PM

That's not going to happen. 

you mean you doubt he will check, or has th eability to do so, or you deny my hypothesis?

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 05:50 PM

I deny your hypothesis.

For one thing, you can't check rankings. But besides that, I be shocked if the result was measurable.

#10 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 11 July 2013 - 06:00 PM

If it were the home page of the WSJ, I think you might see something measurable pretty quickly. But a mention on a deep page is really just a nice little increase in the authority of the site, which won't make a measurable difference (unless it leads to citations and links from more sites with similar reputations).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!