• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Scammed Or Not?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 JonathanG

JonathanG

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 10:45 AM

Hello,

I really need your advice,

I started SEO for first time to my website  5 months ago. The company which designed and created the website took care of the on page SEO (I trust their work 5 years now), and a second company the off page SEO. I had some positive results 3-5 months later but not the results I was really expecting and in all the keywords.

I searched on <REMOVED> and similar sites, and I discovered that the back links I have now are the same I had 5 months ago. I contacted the company which is running the off page SEO (link building) and asked them why the back links of my site are not appeared? Their answer is that they have created a secret algorithm which protects their links from the competition, in order nobody to be able to see them.

Is there any possibility the links not to be recognized from these engines? And how Google recognize them in order to improve my ranking?

I asked a 3rd company which is making SEO and they informed me that most probably the ranking improvement was made only because of the on page SEO and the first 4 back links I had before I start the Off page SEO.

Any advice and comment would be greatly appreciated.

Jonathan

Edited by chrishirst, 06 July 2013 - 12:00 PM.

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Their answer is that they have created a secret algorithm which protects their links from the competition, in order nobody to be able to see them.

If they said that, then yes, you're being scammed 100%.

#3 JonathanG

JonathanG

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:00 PM

Thank you for your answers

Unfortunately they said that.

They said also that they have a higly secret SEO method and they deny to give me a report of the back links they created the last 5 months.

Ahrefs tool can not find any new links built the last 5 months.

Who sais the truth and who is not?

#4 Alan Perkins

Alan Perkins

Token male admin

• Admin
  • 1,642 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 06:56 AM

Their answer is that they have created a secret algorithm which protects their links from the competition, in order nobody to be able to see them.

That's nonsense.

It's possible to improve the quality of your backlinks without increasing the number of backlinks. But if they're selling you quantity rather than quality, then they need to be able to demonstrate they have supplied that quantity.

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,619 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:29 AM

And I don't believe there's any way to hide your links from the competition without also hiding them from the search engines, which means there's no way to gain any algorithmic benefit from them.

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,963 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 07:56 AM

Fire them and request your money back ASAP. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!