• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Using Facebook To Help Promote My Company

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 deldove

deldove

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:47 AM

hi there

I have a company that i'd like to promote but have no facebook presence yet (it would suit my clients/our company quite well in respect to our services) 

before I create the fb page, i'm curious as to whether I should use it as page that's intended as a kind of springboard to drive traffic to my main site or as a kind of stand alone page where my fb viewers stay on the page and are encouraged to call me from the page - may be it's a bit of both but I ask since i'm keen to get the balance right I guess.

finally is there such a thing as a guide to good seo practice when creating a business page facebook?

#2 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:17 AM

Before you jump into Facebook advertising, you'll want to remember that social media is primaily about socializing, not buying.  Typically, you need to create campaigns that engage people, not that sell directly.  The ads that say, "Click here to buy my whatever" (or other forms of direct selling) usually perform poorly.

So, you'll probably see better results if you build an active presence first then start running ads. (With certain types of ads, you have to have X number of likes to your business page before you can run them.)  Amy Porterfiled has an excellent course on FB advertising that I've taken and highly recommend.

I'll leave your questions about building a FB page to SEO standards to others to answer.  I do know that FB has certain guidelines for business pages with regard to creation, promotion, ads, etc.

• Jill likes this

#3 deldove

deldove

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 10:32 AM

Thank you so much for your response!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!