• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Lazyload Of Content And Seo

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 seobarry

seobarry

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 07:51 AM

How can I best make use of "lazyload" functionality while still making sure my pages remain optimized for SEO?

I intend to use the same type of functionality as for example FB uses when scrolling down the news overview, new content is dynamically loaded when the user scrolls further down.

In my case the pages using lazyload are not behind a login and should be indexed by the search engines. I notice that lazyload usually works with JS, the JS makes sure the additional content is loaded when scrolling further down. How can I make sure that the search engines correctly index also the content that is not instantly visible when visiting the page as a normal user (until scrolling down).

I see different suggestions when searching Google. I'm not looking for "pseudo-pagination" as the content is not endlessly long or anything like that.

I do see some suggestion for a technique here http://webmasters.st...loading-for-seo

but this concerns only images, while in my case it would be images but with also some text below them.

Some people suggest simply to use noscript tags instead but then other say that it's not a good idea.

So I'm a bit confused:) Any suggestions?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,626 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 09:06 AM

I haven't used this technique (most of my pages are shorter to start with, and I don't have a problem with displaying the whole page all at once for the longer ones...). So, question: is the text that isn't displayed right away "visible" in the page source when you load the page (even though it's not yet displayed to the site visitor)? Or is it actually dynamically loaded and added to the source as the visitor scrolls down?

--Torka :propeller:

#3 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,960 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:55 PM

Google doesn't even "see" the 'Lazyload', they don't even load images when loading the source code from the server.

So provided the content is in the source code when read initially, how browsers display it makes no difference.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!