• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Multi-National Website

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dilby

dilby

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:58 AM

Hello - first-time post for me, thanks for having me on board.

I'm a multimedia freelancer and have my own .co.uk website and am going to be moving overseas to Australia next year. I am wanting to keep a stream of work coming in from the UK as I have a strong portfolio here, but also want to pick up new work in Australia, so I'm not really sure how I should go about structuring my website. 

I am looking to build a new site anyway, so there's no restrictions in regards to what already exists. I'm not sure whether to have both a .co.uk and .com.au domain name and somehow point it to the same site (and the correct way of doing so) or have different areas of the site/separate sites (or perhaps none of these options are ideal?!)

I'm also hoping someone could offer their 2 cents (or pounds as the case my be :P ) on the best way of then formatting content - for example if I just keep the one site do I have a separate UK and Australia page, or just use both as keywords in all articles etc.

Thanks everyone - I'd really like to know best practice before I start building a new site, and I'm having trouble finding anything out for myself.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,099 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:52 PM

Read in the section I has put this thread in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!