• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Purchasing A Website

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ClickClick

ClickClick

HR 3

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 02:00 PM

Hi

My company is planning on purchasing a fairly well established website. Are there any guidelines for this or is it just a matter of swapping the registration across from one party to the other? I wouldn't want him to come back in years to come and say that the website is still his. The person we are buying the site from seems trustworthy but I just wanted to make sure there isn't any particular procedure that needs to take place when purchasing a website that I might be missing. The sale has been agreed through email correspondence.

Thanks

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 20 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

Written contract including domain, business name, rights/ownership to all contents.

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:43 AM

I wouldn't want him to come back in years to come and say that the website is still his.

This is no different from the purchase of any other asset. You get the sale agreed in writing, and you get the seller to give you an invoice or receipt that shows the transaction has been completed.

Mike

#4 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 10:13 AM

I agree with the previous two answers...get it all in writing. I have a client who went through a nasty court case over ownership of his site, and it came down to what the contract said.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!