• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Adwords - Beware Mandatory Upgrade (July 22) Of All Legacy Campaigns T

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 PeterW

PeterW

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

This is applicable to those running Legacy AdWords campaigns, not Enhanced. Most of you are probably using Enhanced.

My AdWords campaigns are legacy and I can exclude Mobile devices - my site is not cell-phone friendly. My campaign targets Desktops and Tablets only.

Google is doing a mandatory upgrade (July 22) of all Legacy campaigns to Enhanced and you'll no longer be able to exclude particular devices, eg Mobiles:

https://support.goog.../answer/3187859

My site is not a large money making affair.  It would be too costly to mod it to be cell-friendly (and due to the nature of the product sold - it needs a lot of screen space for the 'pitch') so google is basically forcing me to pay for Mobile traffic that I don't want because they can't view my site properly.

I'm more than a tad annoyed by this.  

Also be aware that the default upgrade settings will change your campaigns bid settings which is a great way for Google to bring in more revenue - bids will go up, so everyone will get stuck in a vicious increasing bid circle.  Great for Google, terrible for everyone else...

I need to look at Facebook and get a campaign running over there...

Edited by PeterW, 19 June 2013 - 11:43 AM.

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,112 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:33 AM

Surely a campaign on Facebook would absolutely call for your documents to be "mobile friendly"?

#3 PeterW

PeterW

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

Surely a campaign on Facebook would absolutely call for your documents to be "mobile friendly"?

Fair point.  I'll need to look into Facebook and the device access stats etc.

I know in Asia, the majority of web browsing in some countries is becoming dominated by mobile devices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!