• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

Should Seos Have General Liability Insurance?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:04 AM

Does anyone know how common it is for a small SEO company, or a single SEO consultant to carry General Liability Insurance?

Thanks,

Caro

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:28 AM

I would say few to none.

#3 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 10:45 AM

I agree, probably very few do have coverage. For most it probably doesn't matter, but some of them are living dangerously without it.

For anyone reading who isn't familiar: If you have your own offices that clients might be visiting (whether you own or lease/rent), it's almost imperative, to protect you in the event somebody injures themselves on your property. Otherwise, you could find yourself facing crushing liabilities, especially if they decide to sue. And if you rent your offices, it can help cover you if you, your clients or your employees accidentally cause damage to the landlord's properly.

Likewise, if you or your employees go out in the field at any point, General Liability can cover you in case you or an employee injures someone or damages someone else's property, too.

--Torka :propeller:

#4 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

Thanks Jill and Vintage Babe,

That's along the lines of what I thought. I have a potential new client whose contract includes the verbiage:

Vendor agrees that, at its sole cost, during the term of this Agreement, it will carry, and maintain in full force and effect, insurance, in both the type and amount, which is consistent with industry standards for its industry.

So I'm trying to establish what is and isn't consistent with our industry standards.  Our team members all work from home, so no premises to worry about.  Though, 'errors and omissions' insurance is a way to cover yourself for being sued for errors without having to have protection against people injuring themselves on your property.

~Caro

#5 Say Yebo

Say Yebo

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:28 PM

FYI...I came across this article about errors and omissions insurance for freelancers, which I imagine applies to very small companies or individual consultants as well:

http://freelanceswit...ancers-need-it/

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,003 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:21 PM

Most clients won't mind if you just cross that part of the contract out. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!