• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Google.com Ranking Issue

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:42 PM

My client website located in Canada, but they running business worldwide & want to achieve ranking on Google.com. The keywords they targeted, those are currently ranked on very first page of google.ca but not found on Google.com.

Still we haven't optimized website properly, we just did few months seo activities, we are about to start in full fledged. Further, in webmaster tool we already set geographic target to Google.com. If we also get backlinks from all general domain so gradually google will show all ranking on Google.com? Is there any expert tips or strategy to get ranking on Google.com if website based in different country?    

Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:02 PM

Is the site on a .ca domain?

#3 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:17 PM

Good question. No, its .com

#4 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 06:38 AM

Still we haven't optimized website properly,

So what do you expect?

AND if your client is located in Canada, they WILL get results that are weighted to wards Canadian searchers.

It's just one of the reasons why checking ranking is a pointless exercise.

http://www.highranki...ing-reports-347

#5 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:00 AM

I'm interested in this, too. I have a client who also happens to be in Canada.  They want to attract vacationers from all around the world to come to their wilderness lodge.  Their site is optimized and they do get some decent search engine traffic, but (for obvious reasons) it is weighted to Canadian and U.S. peeps. 

So what do you do if you're an international biz that wants customers from all over the world?  Is there a way to get a .com ranked well in other Google engines?  They'd love to be found in the U.K., Austrailia, and other countries.  Or do you just have to default to other forms of marketing instead?

• mansipadhya likes this

#6 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

So what do you expect?

AND if your client is located in Canada, they WILL get results that are weighted to wards Canadian searchers.

It's just one of the reasons why checking ranking is a pointless exercise.

http://www.highranki...ing-reports-347

Thanks for your post. This thing I know, personalized search result & ranking fluctuate & all. I am not so obsessed about ranking but still to get a qualified visits & traffic, ranking needs to improve on some business keywords.

Anyways my question is, there is any chance to get ranking on Google.com after three-four months seo will be done?

Reason to open this topic is just with few seo done before, (also website is fully seo friendly with design, structure, content, url, everything) all ranking are on 2nd , 3rd page on Google.ca so now how do I divert those ranking on Google.com?, I need some tips for re-optimizing website for google.com      

#7 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

There's no difference between optimizing for google.com and google.ca. It's the same algorithm. Location carries some weight, but if the site's on a .com, that's generic rather than targeted to the US, whereas hosting on a .ca is a signal to Google that you're targeting the site to people in Canada, and even then, it's not as if Google's going to block us folks down here from seeing a .ca site in the SERP. It depends on the query.

I assume the company's products aren't the sort that a search engine would treat as a local search (such as pizza or taxi). But it would probably be helpful for users (though I doubt this will make a difference to Google) to stress on the site that they're providing a global service.

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

The "problem" is that it's just more competitive competing with the whole world rather than just competing within Canada.

Therefore the only answer is to have a better and more popular site than all the others in the whole world, rather than just all the others in Canada.

Meaning, lots and lots of hard work and informative content, plus getting the word out about it to your worldwide target audience through lots and lots of marketing.

• mansipadhya likes this

#9 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

There's no difference between optimizing for google.com and google.ca. It's the same algorithm. Location carries some weight, but if the site's on a .com, that's generic rather than targeted to the US, whereas hosting on a .ca is a signal to Google that you're targeting the site to people in Canada, and even then, it's not as if Google's going to block us folks down here from seeing a .ca site in the SERP. It depends on the query.

I assume the company's products aren't the sort that a search engine would treat as a local search (such as pizza or taxi). But it would probably be helpful for users (though I doubt this will make a difference to Google) to stress on the site that they're providing a global service.

No, its not local business, company providing email marketing software worldwide. So I am suspecting that right now google give good ranking on .ca (based on it is more weighted to Canadian searcher) so when I done seo for the website Google will show ranking on .com or not? Because this is an actual target to get visible on very first page of Google.com

#10 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,005 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:43 AM

See my post right above your last one, which got cross posted.

#11 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:51 AM

So quick question: how to do the lots of content marketing worldwide as an SEO strategy?

#12 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,103 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:09 PM

Write it, or pay somebody to write it.

#13 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Write it, or pay somebody to write it.

Yes obviously we write but what are the sources?, where we can do lots of content marketing? 

#14 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,627 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:31 PM

The best place for content intended to bring people to your site is your site. If there's some highly authoritative site in your niche that you can guest post on, do that once or twice, but for the most part, you should be building up the content on the site. That will gain you authority, links, and relevance to more keyword phrases, giving you a better shot at being found via organic search.

• mansipadhya likes this

#15 mansipadhya

mansipadhya

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:47 PM

Okay Thanks very much for your reply.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!