• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Question About Rewrite Meta Tag

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Savaria

Savaria

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:01 AM

We have more than 30 online magazine website, our editors daily write news article on each website. As we are using wordpress & our own CMS to upload article content & that system using article headline as a title tag & URL as all website does now a days.

My question is, still is it a good SEO practice if we rewrite meta tag & make unique title tag using keywords? or is it fine for news article?    

#2 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:16 AM

Ignoring Meta Keywords, assuming you are talking about page Title and Meta Description, why leave it up to chance to allow the CMS system employ their method of creating this for you?

• Savaria likes this

#3 Savaria

Savaria

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 10:55 AM

Yes I am talking about title & description tag. Actually we have so many website & our editors are don't know about SEO. But I recommend them to make unique title tag & description for their each article. But I have seen many industry news website that they don't do, so I am wondering is it still good practice to rewire them?

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:04 AM

If the ones they're currently using don't describe the article itself than yes. But if they do, then there's no need.

• Savaria likes this

#5 Savaria

Savaria

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

Yes it should describe because system using article headline into title tag & first two line of page paragraph as a description.  

#6 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,825 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:41 AM

So the question remains: are your article titles actually descriptive of the article topic in a straightforward way, or do your editors like to get "cute" with their headlines? (Puns, deliberate misspellings to make a joke, etc.)

If they tend to play it straight with the headlines to start with, you're definitely OK. But (IMO) if they like "catchy" cute headlines for display on the site, then you might want to consider having them rewrite the headlines to "straight news" format for the web page title. :type:

Of course, given that Google will apparently pick out whatever the heck they want for the title with only passing regard given to what you enter to the TITLE tag, I guess in the final analysis it doesn't really matter all that much one way or the other. :hmm:

So, never mind. :)

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

• Savaria likes this

#7 Savaria

Savaria

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:20 PM

Yes that't a good point, some article they use two words of topic name or some are so descriptive. But my question is if we spend little more time & make unique title tag, headline also unique, newly written description so is it really will help to increase ranking & visibility? or doesn't matter?

#8 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 549 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Do you see the need to improve on the status quo? You posted the topic, so ?

Torka made a good point - given the chance to take control where you can if it is doable, why not? Just because your competitors are lazy, should you follow suit?

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,244 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 03:43 PM

Yes that't a good point, some article they use two words of topic name or some are so descriptive. But my question is if we spend little more time & make unique title tag, headline also unique, newly written description so is it really will help to increase ranking & visibility? or doesn't matter?

As we've already said, if the articles need better Titles then rewrite them. If they are already good, then don't.

#10 Savaria

Savaria

HR 3

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 59 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 06:53 PM

Okay, thanks very much. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

We are now a read-only forum.

No new posts or registrations allowed.