• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site Appearing In Serps Within 15 Days Of Launch

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 tigersohell

tigersohell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:52 AM

Dear all,

First of all a introduction to myself, my name is Sohail and i am a business development manager for a eCommerce website selling furniture & home decor articles. I have been working in this trade for past 10 years and actively working as a SEO and website development since 2007.

When i initially started working on eCommerce i outsourced my seo work to marketing & development companies and was happy with the results i got, but soon i started to learn about them using techniques which are not ethical and my site may be banned by Google any time.

My worst nightmare came true and one day my site disappeared from the SERPs. I assumed my site had been penalized.

I then hired a in-house SEO manager who gave me assurance that he will get the site out of the sandbox and work on white hat SEO and to do this he asked me for a fat wage pack, to which i agreed and gave him a job.

After spending 12 month my site came back on SERPs, i was very happy and wanted to reward my manager but before i could reward him,

guess what happened !!!   my site disappeared from SERPs  again.

I was very annoyed and disheartened and didn't knew what to do , adding to the misery i received a call from my seo manager that he is leaving the job without giving me a reason.

I realized i have been duped again, this time by my own staff.

I had lost 12 months of work and spent almost $25000 on the site with Zero results. But i did not lose hope.

I emailed Google for reconsideration and i received reply saying that my site is not penalized and will appear in search if i worked out on the errors on the site.

It was then i took things in my own hands,  I started revamping the site my self and made sure every page/code of my site is as per Google recommendations. It took me 3 month to do this. 

I launched the site on 15 May and what i saw within 15 days my site was ranking high up above my competitors on most long tail keywords. 

Now all i want is my site to come up on the fat and generic keywords

I have not started any link building or social media yet. All i have done is submitted site to local directories.

I will be very grateful to experts in this forum if you can guide me on 2 fronts

1) do i continue directory submissions ?

2) whats the best way i can start on link exchange.

All content on my site is original and i have 2 content writers writing crisp unique content for each page.

Let me know if you have any suggestions for me

Thank you for reading my post

Regards

Sohail

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,608 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:35 AM

I wouldn't recommend continuing with the directory submissions. There's only a handful of worthwhile general directories out there, and as far as local directories go, you're promoting an ecommerce site. I don't see how locality enters into it. If you can find some decent niche directories, they may be worthwhile, but you're going to run out of those very quickly unless your standards for choosing directories are very low.

If you've got two writers on staff creating new content, I'd say that's what you should be using to build your audience. Try some social media outreach.

• tigersohell likes this

#3 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,917 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Read our tips for newbies. 

http://www.highranki...s-for-new-seos/

• tigersohell likes this

#4 bobmeetin

bobmeetin

HR 6

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 11:42 AM

Even if yours is an eCommerce site you have aspirations to sell locally.  I do see benefit in registering with local listing services so long as it doesn't consume you. It may not be the pig picture, but they are carriers and a few extra sales may support your bad habits.

• tigersohell likes this

#5 tigersohell

tigersohell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:57 AM

Hey Guys thank you for your replies , the website i am running is for the UK market and they online furniture trade is really very competitive. I think social media will be the best way to build links and create an audience as rightly said by #querty.

@ I am finding to many local directories and criteria for listing is.

C class IP

Check above page rank 2

not black listed

DA/PA above 20

Is this ok ?? 

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,790 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:41 AM

Of course it's not. It's complete drivel!!

IP classing ceased to exist in 1993 when CIDR was introduced, that's FIVE YEARS BEFORE any one of the current search engines made their public appearance.

SGB PR of ONE URL means ABSOLUTELY NOTHING AT ALL

'black listed' by whom?

What the hell is DA/PA???????????????????

There is a link in post #3 READ the information there and learn from it.

and By the way; Don't be impressed by a hew URL appearing "high" in search results, that has been happening since 1998 and it doesn't last long.

#7 tigersohell

tigersohell

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:47 AM

hello chrishirst

DA/PA : Domain Authority and Page authority

spam domains  IP are blacklisted by search engines 

If what i am doing is a complete drive then what do you suggest.???

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,790 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

DA/PA : Domain Authority and Page authority

So nothing that any search engine is going to care about

spam domains  IP are blacklisted by search engines

Which is no concern because nobody in their right mind would ever "submit" to a directory that was likely to get blacklisted.

Forget about directories, your site will NEVER get any traffic from them so are not even worth the time you spend finding them. AND a link to ONE url of your site that is on a directory URL that NOBODY else links to, has so little "value" for search, you may as well write your URL on a toilet wall and hope somebody who works for Google spots it.

Now, if there are SPECIFIC sites that are 'well known' in the marketplace you are in, that would be a good place be appear.

Basically, stop thinking of links for search engines and get links for traffic.

#9 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,917 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 09:03 AM

Read again what @Qwerty said:

I wouldn't recommend continuing with the directory submissions. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!