• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Would Cause All Sites On Server Traffic Drop?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Lisa-BFWM

Lisa-BFWM

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 10:58 AM

An alarming trend that still hasn't corrected itself. I have 6 sites on a server and April 18/19 this year something happened that I cant figure out.

Traffic dropped by about 75% on all of them. SERPs  dropped big time. from top ten to 50-60 range.

My first thought and still most logical one is server was hacked - which has happened before despite my attempts to secure...

I am in process of cleaning everything with new directories, fresh installs of WordPress and fresh plugin download installs, etc.

Can you think of something else that would affect all the sites on server do drastically? Any advice to turn around?

The sites are older established and good content so don't think being penalized.

Thanks!

Lisa

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,652 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:06 AM

Maybe inaccessibility when spiders attempted to crawl the sites. Have you gotten any messages in Webmaster Tools?

#3 Lisa-BFWM

Lisa-BFWM

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:19 AM

The messages are pretty typical and nothing out of ordinary.

I had a TON of plugins in use and maybe something went bad with one of them. 

I should have kept a record of what I did what to what site and when.

Going forward I am going to keep chart of when I add new plugin or make big change. Obvious, I know.

What I am trying is scaling plugins back to very very basic and see what happens. 

Really sucks as one of the sites makes me significant amount of money from affiliate marketing and relying on non organic traffic right now. 

I have had the sites since 2004 and this is first time I haven't been able to get back on track after a disaster. Just after my divorce few years I went up north for 2 months and ignored my sites.. took almost 6 months to repair damage from  hacked code did to the sites. One of the sites never really got back to what it was.

if lesson to be learned- check webmaster tools regularly for red flags!! 

Another couple of months if doesn't correct I will be in trouble .

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!