• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Responsive Site Not Responding?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 shawon2170

shawon2170

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:12 AM

I've been building a responsive site using Thesis 2. I've tested it on responsinator.com and everything looks good and when I try it on my iphone it all looks good first of all, but there is a problem.

In portrait mode everything loads and stays as it should do but when I turn my iphone sideways/landscape mode it changes view ok at first until you navigate to another page on the website and then it loads as though the phone is in portrait mode, so you end up with the portrait sized page plus empty black space filling the rest of the space. If I turn my phone to portrait and then back to landscape it then loads ok, until I navigate to another page and it does the same again. It just seems to be that initial loading of a new page always wants to stick to portrait mode.

Does this make sense? Does anybody know what the cause may be? Thanks for any ideas.

• couponsgrid1 likes this

#2 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,669 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 04:19 AM

The browser on the phone you are testing is not reporting the orientation on the URL change OR you have the media queries in a document that is being loaded from the local cache so is not being reloaded and therefore not triggering the recalculation.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!