• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

How To Index Your Blog Fast In Google?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 mandylal

mandylal

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 08:19 PM

i have fairly new blog of 100 articles and more than 700 backlinks but finding hard to index in google it takes around 5 to 7 days for index in google how to make it fast.

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:47 AM

Let me start my response with a few questions: why do you want your content indexed more quickly? Are you writing about time-sensitive subjects, so it's important that people find your post about something that happened today today, when people are searching for content about that event? Basically, could the blog be considered a news site?

That being said (or asked, anyway), if you want Googlebot to grab your content right away, you have to give it a reason to spend resources on doing so. You say you have 700 backlinks, but you didn't say where those links were coming from. Links from authoritative sites in your niche help to indicate that your site is also an authority in the niche. You have 100 articles on a "fairly new" blog. How did it get to 100 articles? Did you publish them all on the first day, or one per day for a hundred days? If the bot sees new content every time it crawls the site, it's likely to see that as a reason to come by more often. One of the reasons Google crawls a major news site a lot is because the home page changes many times a day, revealing links to new content.

#3 Scottie

Scottie

Psycho Mom

• Admin
  • 6,294 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:29 AM

Yeah, I have to wonder about a site with 100 articles and 700 backlinks that was just created and you want it to rank in Google in less than 5 to 7 days....  ask yourself why should it rank well?   

Does your blog offer valuable insights and exclusive content that isn't found elsewhere?  What makes it different, what makes it better than similar sites, why should Google want people to be able to find your site when searching for your subject matter? 

If it's made up of a lot of repurposed, remashed content with links from a single untrusted network, it may not be worth ranking.  I'm not saying that's what it is, but it's hard to imagine that much original content being instantly available with 700 valuable trusted links overnight. 

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:11 AM

If you use WordPress, it should ping the search engines and get things indexed almost immediately. I'm guessing you're not using WordPress?

#5 ElvisH

ElvisH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

actually something changed since last week.

I got 2 websites - one is an articles site and the other is a real financial site, both based on WP, both with the average of 5-15 articles/news a day.

Until last week, posts were indexed in 5-10 minutes, now its 2-3 days(!).

#6 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,628 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:34 AM

Where do the 5-15 articles come from every day? Do you have a staff of writers, or are you republishing (perhaps after modifying) content found elsewhere?

In the case of the articles site, I guess people are submitting their own content for you to publish them. Are all of these articles in any particular niche? Are you checking to make sure the articles are all original and haven't been published elsewhere? What kind of links (and how many of them) do authors get out of having their work published on your site?

#7 ElvisH

ElvisH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:56 AM

one site is a real finance site that belong to a client who's a real financial reporter ( he's the one that notice the indexing rate change, and told me). the other website is an articles website that allows only original content (checked by copyscape)

as I mentioned, both based on WP, both used to indexed in 5-10 minutes until last week

#8 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,012 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:46 AM

Could be just a function of Penguin 2.0 and will come back to speed once things settle down. 

Or it could be that as part of Penguin 2.0 Google is purposely not spidering and indexing less popular sites as quickly as they used to.

#9 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,112 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:53 AM

Simply writing "quality" content, or any other kind will NOT get your URLs indexed more often.

It's a chicken and egg situation, Google doesn't 'know' there is new content UNTIL it actually visits the URLs.

You have to tell search tools that there IS new content and the bot will visit whenever,

OR you have to make your website documents so awesome that other people link to your content on a regular basis.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!