• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Followed Every Advice, Yet Google Hates Me!

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Niber

Niber

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

If you google:

"hiking in cyprus: Avakas Gorge"

(WITH the qoutation-marks) you will get 5 results, all of which are other sites pointing to my blog post, yet my blogpost itself does not show up!

Even if you search:

"hiking in cyprus: Avakas Gorge" [site name]

(site name being the  name of my website) it STILL doesn't show you my blog post, even tho it's OBVIOUS this search is looking for my blog!

However google has it indexed, because you can find it if you search:

site:[site name].com "hiking in cyprus: Avakas Gorge"

So if google has it indexed, why is it determining that it should never show up in normal searches? Even when you blatlently search specifically for my headline AND include the name of my website?

If you Google Image:

hiking in cyprus

My picture actually gets first page! But a photo forum gets the credits for it, even tho that forum post clearly links to my actual blog-post. :(

I spent a lot of time and money on SEO tutorials and tho I don't expect to become a master at it; it annoys me that I can't even get some of my posts to show up AT ALL! :P

The post was written 5 days ago, but I had google fetch it and updated my site-map the very first day.

Edited by qwerty, 23 May 2013 - 05:32 AM.
domain name removed per forum rules

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 05:34 AM

Sorry, but I had to remove the mentions of your domain name -- house rules.

Give it a little more time. I checked for Google's cached copy of the page and got a 404 error.

#3 Niber

Niber

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

Interesting, I did not know google 404'ed on the cache. Ok I'll wait a couple more days before I start to really worry. :P thanks

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,041 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:40 AM

You might want to find out why Google has it as a 404.

#5 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,633 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:02 PM

I'm not saying the page is a 404. The URL that would bring up Google's cached copy of the page 404s, meaning Google doesn't have the page cached yet.

#6 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,171 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:56 AM

Followed Every Advice,

Which of course MAY well turn out to be the problem, depending upon where the advice came from :)

And the good news is, that this thread appears at position 3 (out of 4 results) for me :) using that phrase.

#7 Niber

Niber

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

You might want to find out why Google has it as a 404.

I've done some research now and I can't find any recommendation, other than:

Google cache system runs independently and does not effect the real time rankings of Google and the index. So even if there is no cache, cache errors doesn't mean there is problems with your site or rankings.

And

Google's caching service often has problems

So I'm kind of stuck again, unless like Qwerty says it just needs more time.

...this thread appears at position 3 (out of 4 results) for me :) using that phrase.

omg how frustrating is THAT?! This thread has only been up for 1 frikking day!!!  I mean granted this forum is more popular than my blog so I can see Google giving it a priority, but still it seems weird how it's straight ignoring me.

Which of course MAY well turn out to be the problem, depending upon where the advice came from :)

Well I can't post my URL here, but if you had seen it I'd think you'd find it pretty solid: all the wordpress SEO plug-ins, Google authorship sat up, SEO-friendly headlines, all white-hat etc etc :S

#8 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 7,171 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:05 AM

ow frustrating is THAT?! This thread has only been up for 1 frikking day!!!  I mean granted this forum is more popular than my blog so I can see Google giving it a priority, but still it seems weird how it's straight ignoring me.

So what have YOU done to make your 'blog' so "valuable" that Google WILL crawl and index it?

the wordpress SEO plug-ins, Google authorship sat up, SEO-friendly headlines, all white-hat etc etc :S

Which amounts to nothing at all with regards to "value"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!