• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo

.co Vs Tld

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SportFishingUnlimited

SportFishingUnlimited

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:20 PM

One of my clients is very interested in building a .CO as their main level site.  What is the opinion of the us of .co's?  Do search engines look down on .co's?  Thanks in advance for any advice. 

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,590 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:48 PM

Nope, search engines don't care what your top level domain is, except to the extent that ccTLDs (most of them anyway) are taken as a signal that a site is targeted to people in a particular country. I think the only thing to be at all worried about with a .co is the question of whether people will notice it, or if they'll try to reach the site at .com. I don't know if anyone has done any testing of that, but I remember that when Overstock moved their site to o.co they made a big marketing splash over it, but it didn't last. If you try to reach that URL now, you hit a pair of 301s and end up on their old site with a parameter tacked onto the URL, probably so they can track how many people are requesting it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!