• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Site With Google Penalty On Sever, Bad For The Other Sites?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 tommyeboy

tommyeboy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 May 2013 - 05:18 PM

Hello Jill and colleagues,

I have a site with google penalty for buy banklinks from fivver (enough said,STUPID) on my server, Will this tanit domain affect my other site in any way?

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,626 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 09:24 AM

Have you received any warnings about the other site in Google Webmaster Tools? Did you buy links for the other site from anywhere? Have you engaged in any other "gray area" tactics with the second site?

IMO, it's doubtful that a penalty against one site would be applied against another simply because they share the same server. But if they can see both sites are owned by the same entity, the second site might come under greater scrutiny because of that association.

So if I were in your place, I'd go to work right away on trying to clean up the issues with the first site and try to make sure the second site is squeaky-clean.

My :02:

--Torka :propeller:

#3 tommyeboy

tommyeboy

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

Unfortunately for me, I’m very new at the SEO game as you can probably tell by my amateur question. And have no idea where to even start to clean this mess up.

No I never receive any message from Google inside my webmaster tool about this site even after I lost all my traffic they gave the site a clean bill of health. But I did buy traffic and I did clone the site and that’s when it dropped like the Hindenburg. From 5-6 hundred visits a day and climbing to just 3 visit a day.

I came across an article from the guy over at moz that said the best thing to do in this situation is to jump ship get as far away as possible from the taint site and domain set up shop some where eles. If I were to do this how will I ever lean what I’ve done wrong of how to fix the issue.

Lost and confused
Thomas

Thank you for your time Torka.

#4 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 15 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

Unfortunately for me, I’m very new at the SEO game as you can probably tell by my amateur question. And have no idea where to even start to clean this mess up.

Then hire an expert. 

#5 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,626 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 09:17 AM

You may also want to read the articles in our tips for new SEOs thread. You can learn what really works for SEO (hint: it's not paid links or cloned sites, as you have probably already figured out ;) ). As Jill said, if you're in a hole, it's likely you might need expert help to get back out. But perhaps by learning what works, you can avoid this issue in the future.

--Torka :propeller:

#6 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 16 May 2013 - 11:28 AM

Also see 18 SEO Killers You Must Clean Up and Avoid for 2013 and Beyond

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,