• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Customizing External Links

Best Answer torka , 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM

Hiding links like that is an incredibly bad idea on so many levels. :no:

Wouldn't it be a better solution to simply make your site so interesting, informative and useful that people will bookmark it or pin it or otherwise save it so they can come back again and again? :hmm: Think about it: what does it say about your site that you feel you have to resort to trickery to keep people from abandoning ship? :dntknw:

And of course, one way of making your site useful is to provide links -- as in, visible user-friendly links -- to other informative, interesting topically-relevant pages. :thumbup:

You know, they're going to leave your site eventually, anyway... ;) Might as well make them feel it was time well spent while they were there.

--Torka :propeller:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tushar69

tushar69

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Hi,

I have published an article today with an external link (authority site). But, I have done some tricks with the link which is simply confusing me. I have applied some CSS so that It matched to the text and It doesn't seem to be a Link. I have dis-underlinked and matches the colour of the text. I have done this surely for getting some benefits from search engines not for the users to click on. In one word, I don't want my visitors to pass on other sites :shutup:

My question is, Will it be crucial for SEO? or It is OK?

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,984 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 09:53 AM

It appears you're doing it just for search engines, therefore it would be considered "web spam" by Google.

• tushar69 likes this

#3 Mikl

Mikl

HR 5

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:45 AM

In one word, I don't want my visitors to pass on other sites 

If you took that to its logical conclusion, no site would ever link to any other site, and there would be no world-wide web.

Mike

#4 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,636 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 10:16 AM   Best Answer

Hiding links like that is an incredibly bad idea on so many levels. :no:

Wouldn't it be a better solution to simply make your site so interesting, informative and useful that people will bookmark it or pin it or otherwise save it so they can come back again and again? :hmm: Think about it: what does it say about your site that you feel you have to resort to trickery to keep people from abandoning ship? :dntknw:

And of course, one way of making your site useful is to provide links -- as in, visible user-friendly links -- to other informative, interesting topically-relevant pages. :thumbup:

You know, they're going to leave your site eventually, anyway... ;) Might as well make them feel it was time well spent while they were there.

--Torka :propeller:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!