• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

* * * * - 1 votes

Why Do Some Pages Look Spammy And Still Have High Pr?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JoshFoster

HR 1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:23 PM

Hi all,

I recently downloaded our latest links from Google Webmaster Tools because I'm concerned that the SEO agency my boss hired is getting links from low quality pages.  I took a look at some of the websites listed, and a lot of them seem to fit the definition of a spammy website like Matt Cutts, John Meuller, Jill, and others have stressed to avoid.  However if I go to the homepages for these questionable sites, they have a PR of 4,5,6.

I also noticed several sites that have a different domain but look identical with the exception of the header image.  Like this group of sites:

directory.the570 (dot) com

directory.newsday (dot) com

hometownlocator (dot) com

localdirectory.nydailynews (dot) com

yellowpages.totallylocal (dot) com

Have any of you run into anything like this?

I'm very tempted to recommending my boss to have them halt all directory/article postings.  I'm very aware these are old practices that will not help our website over the long-haul.  I was just curious as to what your thoughts were on websites similar to the ones mentioned above.

Thank you in advance for any help.. I appreciate it!

#2 Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 33,225 posts

Posted 01 May 2013 - 01:43 PM

Yep, see stuff like that all the time. Unless you received an unnatural links warning, I wouldn't worry about it. (Wouldn't actively seek those sorts of links, however.)

#3 ElvisH

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:36 AM

PR doesn't reflect the quality of page's content, its more of how many backlinks & what's the PR of pages that links

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!