• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

What Counts As Duplicate Content?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 abreathof

abreathof

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Hi:

I have blog teasers (the first 40 words) of recent blogs on a sidebar. The sidebar repeats on many pages. I thought it'd be a good way to promote the blog on the site. But now I'm thinking it might count a duplicate content. So I'm thinking I should take it off the sidebar. Yes?

But that got me wondering... I have a headline "Our Featured Getaway" on top of a slideshow that runs when you bring up several different pages (about 30 of them). The photos change. But the Headlines always stays the same.

Are those 3 words thought of as duplicate content? Same for the info in the main menu and footer. I wouldn't think so, cuz you need the navigation to be repeated. Just wondering roughly how many words can be repeated on the sidebar or menu before they might start being counted as dup content.

Thanks!

#2 Jill

Jill

Recovering SEO

• Admin
  • 32,967 posts

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:10 PM

None of those things should be a problem. It's all a natural website occurrence on practically every site out there. 

See my recent post: 

Templated Content On Multiple Pages

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!