Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

 



Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

 



 

 www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!



Photo

Need Help With Strategy


  • Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Cowhead418

Cowhead418

    HR 1

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 26 April 2013 - 01:31 PM

I'm not sure where the appropriate place or forum to ask this is, but I'm in dire need of help with strategy.  I work for a Russian company called [Removed], and we have 2 PPC accounts, Google and Yandex (Yandex is the top search engine in Russia).  We're a start-up, and sell everything on eBay and Amazon to Russians in Russia, but we're based in Chicago.  Because we sell everything that's on eBay, I spent all of last year basically building up both our accounts, which were very small before.  Now there are literally thousands of brands in our accounts, and there are ~50,000 clicks daily to manage between the two accounts.  

 

Unfortunately performance has suffered the past few months, and they fired two-thirds of our PPC team of 3, leaving me to handle both Yandex and Google by myself (I was only working Yandex before).  I did some analysis, and only 20% of Google's performance comes from a consistent, solid group of keywords, the other 80% comes from thousands of keywords that convert once every 3-7 months, which has made performance extremely volatile.  For the record, our average conversion rate is 0.20%, because it's fairly difficult to convince someone to wait 5-6 weeks for their goods while also paying expensive shipping prices.  

 

They're threatening to fire me if I don't improve performance, even though I have no one else helping me.  My question is, what do I do with this 80% segment?  It's completely random and inconsistent, and I don't want spend to go out of control here, because we're judged on metrics, the most important of which is spend per new customer paid orders.  I have no idea what to do, and numbers keep falling.  A lot of that has to do with operations failures (we grew a lot and couldn't handle the numbers), and people have left a lot of negative reviews about us because of it.  But I'm still being held accountable for success.  Unfortunately, we're measured on last-touch conversions as well, making Adwords data pretty useless as far as filters go.

 

Sorry for the essay, where I can go for help on strategy? 


Edited by Jill, 26 April 2013 - 01:48 PM.


#2 LibbyLu

LibbyLu

    HR 3

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Location:Chicago

Posted 13 May 2013 - 11:39 AM

I would focus on the best converting keywords and pause the rest.  Since you are being judged on conversions, then that's where you should focus.  It sounds like your company's business model is bad though.






0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!
 
If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!