• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Building Links With High Pr Blog Networks

Best Answer torka , 25 April 2013 - 10:46 AM

Well, they're no "illegal" in the sense that the police aren't going to show up at your door and arrest you for using them... ;)

But Google does tend to frown on artificial link schemes. And any "network" that's setup for you for the specific purpose of optimization is the very definition of an "artificial link scheme."

You might be able to get away with it for awhile. But Google's algorithm was build on links. There are few people on the planet who are more knowledgeable about linking patterns that Google's engineers. No matter how "sophisticated" the network makers think they are, they can't out-think Google forever. The time will come when these networks get taken down, and they'll take down all the participating sites with them.

Just ask the folks who got caught up in any of the network "take downs" over the past couple of years about how well link networks did for them. This article I found, from a little over a year ago, might be helpful.

--Torka :propeller:

Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 designbug

designbug

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:03 AM

HI there,

I have someone offering to bulld what they're calling a legal "High PR Blog Network" for me and I'm very suspicious of this. A bit of research on my part tells me that this is something that could get me penalized (or worse) by the search engines yet the person offering the service tells me their way is legal. I don't buy it. What I found in my research indicates that *any* kind of blog network is illegal or that the search engines will "get you" for using them. To me this is an artificial way of building links and nothing more than an SEO trick. I don't want to post here everything this person is telling me, so for now I will go with "are there any legal blog pr networks" that are legal and won't get a site penalized?

Thanks!

Edited by designbug, 25 April 2013 - 12:04 AM.

• etahmid likes this

#2 torka

torka

Vintage Babe

• 4,581 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 10:46 AM   Best Answer

Well, they're no "illegal" in the sense that the police aren't going to show up at your door and arrest you for using them... ;)

But Google does tend to frown on artificial link schemes. And any "network" that's setup for you for the specific purpose of optimization is the very definition of an "artificial link scheme."

You might be able to get away with it for awhile. But Google's algorithm was build on links. There are few people on the planet who are more knowledgeable about linking patterns that Google's engineers. No matter how "sophisticated" the network makers think they are, they can't out-think Google forever. The time will come when these networks get taken down, and they'll take down all the participating sites with them.

Just ask the folks who got caught up in any of the network "take downs" over the past couple of years about how well link networks did for them. This article I found, from a little over a year ago, might be helpful.

--Torka :propeller:

#3 designbug

designbug

HR 4

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 12:42 PM

Thank you so much, Torka. Your comments follow right along with what I was thinking. It's a sell-job and I ain't buyin'! It's nice to have someone confirm my suspicions. Tee hee ... the link you sent me was one I found in my research :)

Edited by designbug, 25 April 2013 - 12:42 PM.

#4 Michael Martinez

Michael Martinez

HR 10

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,042 posts

Posted 25 April 2013 - 11:54 PM

Blog networks are a high-maintenance option.  If you're just promoting one Website I can't imagine a more inefficient way to acquire links.  Not only do you have to populate them all with content (presumably the "vendor" would spin content or hire cheap freelancers to keep his costs low) but you have to keep them updated or else they'll get hacked.

I can't imagine many people would want to administrate 100-200 blogs, having to log in 2-3 times a month to update themes and plugins, moderate spam comments (unless you disable comments -- but then that might "look unnatural").

That's a lifetime of work for a few links.  It's better to just focus on building the best site you can, pouring your passion into it.

#5 chrishirst

chrishirst

A not so moderate moderator.

• 6,729 posts

Posted 26 April 2013 - 05:16 PM

I can't imagine many people would want to administrate 100-200 blogs, having to log in 2-3 times a month to update themes and plugins, moderate spam comments

It always baffles me why people will waste lots time creating fake profiles, multiple "blogs", etc. etc. yet ignore the idea that creating one decent website would take less time and yield far better results without having to spend every day wondering if today will be the one that Google dumps the whole shebang.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!