• Create Account

Subscribe to HRA Now!

Are you a Google Analytics enthusiast?

Share and download Custom Google Analytics Reports, dashboards and advanced segments--for FREE! 

www.CustomReportSharing.com 

From the folks who brought you High Rankings!

Photo
- - - - -

Internal Duplicate Content

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jmatura

jmatura

HR 2

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:25 PM

I have a website that took two big hits on documented Panda updates and am really struggling finding duplicate content, either internally or externally.

Does anybody know of a tool to find internal duplicate content?  If I do have internal duplicate content it's not by design, but rather an accident.  Any other suggestions to finding/determining internal duplicate content?

Things I have already done are confirm/edit pages with stuffed keywords to 5% or lower, added pictures to majority of pages, and corrected about 50-70 spelling mistakes on a site of about 90 pages.  A ton of work and virtually no improvement in traffic.

Thanks

#2 qwerty

qwerty

HR 10

• 8,601 posts

Posted 18 April 2013 - 07:29 PM

Webmaster Tools can show you pages with the same titles and pages with the same meta descriptions. Screaming Frog will do the same. You can also use it to create a custom filter, searching for pages that contain any string of text and/or code.

#3 copywriter

copywriter

HR 7

• 1,856 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 07:52 AM

Panda is about more than just duplicate content and spelling errors. It's about quality in a lot of different areas.

Have you seen this list? It may give you ideas of other things to look into as far as improvements go..

http://googlewebmast...gh-quality.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

SPAM FREE FORUM!

If you are just registering to spam,
don't bother. You will be wasting your
time as your spam will never see the
light of day!